WICHITA, Kan. (June 17, 2008) – Hawker Beechcraft Corporation (HBC) is dramatically expanding sales in many countries around the globe – and Canada is no exception. The company’s strong focus on Canada in 2007 contributed to its incredible international success. In 2007 bookings in Canada totaled $90 million, representing an increased of more than 30 percent over 2006 bookings.
“Canada is a vital part of our global success and we will continue to focus our efforts on growing our presence in the region,” said Sean McGeough, vice president, International Sales. “We look forward to showcasing our impressive aircraft at this year’s CBAA Convention.”
Recently, HBC received approval to begin fulfilling its growing backlog of its most advanced business jet to date, the Hawker 4000. Additionally in May, HBC announced its newest addition to the popular Beechcraft lineup: the Premier II that goes higher, farther and faster and is the perfect aircraft for Canadian operators. Since the announcement, three Canadian orders have been placed. The Premier II, with higher cruise speeds and 20 percent longer range (with four passengers) than its predecessor, will be able to fly direct from Edmonton to Scottsdale or from Montreal to Miami. The aircraft will also feature an increased payload while still offering the largest cabin and most technologically advanced single-pilot business jet in the world.
In January 2008, HBC made a key change to its sales strategy by appointing Chris Charnley as vice president of sales for Canada. Previously, he had been vice president of sales for both Canada and Latin America.
“Since the organizational change, we’ve been able to focus our efforts on the growing sales in Canada,” said Chris Charnley, vice president Canadian sales. “The strategy has been very successful and we are ecstatic about the results to date.”
HBC has achieved several major Canadian milestones:
• The first Canadian-certified Beechcraft Premier IA was delivered in Canada. A third aircraft is scheduled for delivery this summer. This technologically advanced aircraft is known for its segment leading speed, spacious cabin and low operating costs.
• The new midsize Hawker 900XP, derived from the world’s best-selling business jet, obtained certification and was delivered in Canada. As a result of its new Honeywell engines, this aircraft has the best combination of cabin size, speed, range, payload capability and operational efficiency in its class.
• HBC began delivering the Beechcraft King Air B200GT, which features Pratt & Whitney Canada engines and combines exceptional performance with its large, spacious cabin into Canada.
• Additionally, the new Beechcraft King Air C90GTi with integrated Collins Pro Line 21™ avionics was delivered to a customer in Canada. The advanced avionics system coupled with new Pratt & Whitney Canada engines has made this 270-knot high-speed cruise aircraft even more of a pilot’s favorite.
HBC is also committed to providing reliable services to its Canadian customers. The corporation added a Hawker service center in Montreal (Starlink) and announced a King Air/Premier service center in Calgary (SkyService).
Hawker Beechcraft plans to display an impressive exhibit at CBAA 2008. The company will showcase five of its aircraft, including:
• Hawker 4000 – The flagship of the Hawker line, the composite-fuselage Hawker 4000 is the most advanced super-midsize business jet in the world. It truly sets the standard for quality, performance and value in the super-midsize business jet class of aircraft.
• Hawker 900XP – From the world’s most popular midsized business jet lineage (the Hawker 800 series), the Hawker 900XP has combined new Honeywell engines with enhanced winglets and a large cabin for increased performance, range, efficiency, comfort and unprecedented value.
• Beechcraft Premier IA – Truly an advanced technology light jet, the Premier IA offers customers an industry-leading combination of speed, cabin size and efficiency with a new interior, upgraded avionics and five-year warranty.
• Beechcraft King Air 350 – The King Air series is the #1 turboprop lineup in the world. The flagship Beechcraft King Air model, the next-generation King Air 350, offers the utmost in versatility and capability and features a class leading heated, pressurized, and in-flight-accessible baggage area – the largest in its class. This aircraft can operate on runways as short as 3,300 feet with exceptional short-field performance.
• Beechcraft Baron G58 – The piston twin that pilots aspire to own, the aircraft features fully integrated Garmin G1000® avionics with the new GFC 700 flight control system and new GWX 68 color weather radar.
Hawker Beechcraft Corporation is a world-leading manufacturer of business, special-mission and trainer aircraft – designing, marketing and supporting aviation products and services for businesses, governments and individuals worldwide. The company’s headquarters and major facilities are located in Wichita, Kan., with operations in Salina, Kan.; Little Rock, Ark.; and Chester, England, U.K. The company leads the industry with a global network of over 100 factory-owned and authorized service centers. For more information, visit www.hawkerbeechcraft.com.