EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wis. - (June 17, 2008) - With prices rising in many areas, it's more important than ever for pilots to watch the budget when pursuing their passion for flying. EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is helping to hold down the costs of participating in the "World's Greatest Aviation Celebration" with a variety of options and programs designed to help EAA members and aviation enthusiasts save money.
Discounts on fuel along the route to Oshkosh, ride-share programs, airline discounts and onsite camping are among the ways AirVenture-bound travelers can make their trip even more valuable and affordable. The 56th annual edition of the EAA fly-in convention is July 28-August 3 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh.
"Along with the joy of seeing friends at aviation's annual family reunion, EAA AirVenture already provides a great value in that there is no place on earth you can find the depth and scope of activities as on the grounds at Oshkosh," said Tom Poberezny, EAA president and AirVenture chairman. "But all of us understand the current challenges to enjoy the world of flight, which is why EAA, its members, supporting FBOs and other companies are helping AirVenture attendees find ways to make their pilgrimages to Oshkosh this year."
It's easy to find out more about each of these economical ways to enjoy EAA AirVenture through the www.airventure.org website, the comprehensive guide to help plan, attend and fully enjoy the event. Among some of features available are:
• Hitch a ride with a pilot or driver heading to Oshkosh. EAA's Rideshare Program gives a pilots and drivers the opportunity to share expenses with someone looking to ride along to Oshkosh, or if you are seeking a ride, the chance to find someone with a spare seat who is willing to share their journey to Oshkosh. Find out more at www.airventure.org/rideshare.
• Fuel discounts for EAA members flying to or coming home from EAA AirVenture. These special prices for fuel and, at many locations, special amenities for aviators, are available in the "Special Offers for Pilots" area at www.airventure.org/2008/flying. "We encourage pilots to support these businesses that support EAA members and EAA AirVenture," Poberezny said. "If EAA members know of an additional FBO that can be added to the list, or if an FBO would like to offer special considerations for AirVenture-bound pilots, let us know so we can add them to the list." Such additions can be forwarded to email@example.com.
• Airline discounts for EAA members are available through Midwest Airlines and Northwest Airlines. These discounts are available with exclusive discount codes available in the "Airline Discount" area of www.airventure.org/2008/flying.
• The best and most economical way to enjoy the culture of the event known around the world simply as "Oshkosh" is by camping right on the grounds - either next to your airplane or in the drive-in Camp Scholler area. Camping is just $20 per night and puts you among fellow aviation enthusiasts for an unmatched experience. Another low-cost option can be private housing and room rentals that are always available during AirVenture. Find complete accommodation options at the "Planning/Where to Stay" area of the www.airventure.org website.
• Merchandise and food discounts for EAA members on the grounds. Just show your EAA membership card and receive 10 to 30 percent off on most items at designated EAA merchandise locations. Special EAA-member pricing is also available on selected menu items at food locations throughout the site.
Dreamliner open for tours for first time anywhere on Friday, July 29.
Online Advance Purchase Ticketing for Admissions, Camping & Flights Now Open for EAA AirVenture 2011
Discounts are available to those who pre-purchase AirVenture tickets online before June 15, 2011, including $2 on daily adult admissions and $5 on weekly adult admissions.
The "AirVenture Weekend Package" is available exclusively through the advance ticket purchase at EAA.
For the first time, advance online purchases are available for flights on the historic B-17 "Aluminum Overcast" during AirVenture week, July 26 to August 1.