Orleans, MA – July 2008 -- Conklin & de Decker’s Brandon Battles will be conducting the Aviation Maintenance Management course in Wichita, Kansas on August 20th and 21st, 2008 prior to the PAMA Regional Airworthiness Symposium.
During this day-and-a-half class, participants will gain insight to the various costs associated with maintenance and more importantly learn effective methods for controlling these costs. Objectives for attendees include understanding and application of effective management techniques for people and assets, the ability to collect and analyze various types of costs and estimate future costs. In addition, participants will learn about their role in the overall organization by becoming more familiar with the principles of financial management, accounting, and the importance of management information systems.
By attending this seminar, attendees will be able to:
• Explain what influences managers in the maintenance organization, such as the industry, the organization, and the individual.
• List the four basic principles of management and how to apply techniques for managing people and controlling jobs.
• Describe different types of costs and identify areas for reduction of product and service costs.
• Explain the importance of information systems, the pluses and minuses of automation, and the influence of information for making objective decisions.
• Explain the purpose of inventory and its related costs and how to manage inventory.
• Review from a broad perspective the various aspects of financial management and accounting.
• Describe the importance of budgeting and how to build an effective budget.
This course is designed for current and future supervisors, managers, and directors of maintenance of aviation operations. In addition, individuals responsible for the management of spares, logistics, quality control, and warranties will benefit from this informative course.
To learn more about the Professional Development Courses offered prior to the PAMA Regional Airworthiness Symposium and to register for this Aviation Maintenance Management course go to www.pama.org.