Daytona Beach, Fla., Aug. 5, 2008 – The Office of Professional Education at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Worldwide is offering 25 new Aviation Specialty courses in an online environment for the continuing education of professional pilots and other aviation professionals in the general aviation, business aviation, and airline industries.
"The technology of aircraft navigation, cockpit automation, and aircraft systems requires continued training that goes beyond the basic and initial training phases. At Embry-Riddle, we're looking to meet the needs of the industry by offering high-quality, affordable courses with the added convenience of online delivery," says Dr. Thorsten Hisam, director of the Office of Professional Education.
• The Aviation Specialty course series includes the following:
• Introduction to Meteorology
• Cold Weather Winter Operations (CDWX)
• Controlled Flight into Terrain (CFIT)
• Dangerous Goods
• High Altitude Training
• Jet Upset Training
• Low Visibility CAT II / CAT III Operations
• North Atlantic Procedures (NAT MNPS)
• Required Navigation Performance (RNP)
• Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM)
• Volcanic Ash Avoidance
• Wind Shear
• Performance Training-Tire Speed
• RNAV SAAAR Approaches
• Contaminated Runway Operations
• Polar Operations
• Precision Runway Monitoring (PRM/ILS)
• Hot Weather Operations
• Thunderstorm Avoidance
For more information about these programs, visit www.erau.edu/professionaleducation or contact the Office of Professional Education at (386) 226-7694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, the world's largest, fully accredited university specializing in aviation and aerospace, offers more than 30 degree programs in its colleges of Arts and Sciences, Aviation, Business, and Engineering. The university educates more than 34,000 students annually in undergraduate and graduate programs at residential campuses in Prescott, Ariz., and Daytona Beach, Fla., through its Worldwide Campus at more than 130 campus centers in the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Middle East, and through online learning. For more information, visit www.erau.edu.