Alexandria, VA, Wednesday | August 13, 2008
The National Air Transportation Association (NATA) presents a new one-day seminar designed to help FBO and Charter Company owners and senior managers define how to change their business models to maximize profits in a down economy. Staying Profitable In Today's Uncertain Economy features a series of industry experts covering human resources, real estate, airport and vendor relations, energy, cash management, business expansion and many other topics. The event will be held on Wednesday, September 17, 2008, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency in Indianapolis, IN.
"For many aviation service businesses, these are tough times," stated NATA President James K. Coyne. "Managing in a down economy presents a unique set of challenges, and demands different approaches than those that may work well in good times. NATA's new seminar will help our members weather difficult economic times and emerge ready to take full advantage of the coming recovery."
Confirmed speakers and panelists include:
• Michael Delk, President, Air BP Aviation Services
• Charlie Priester, Chairman, Priester Aviation
• Mark Willey, CEO, Bridgeford Flying Service
• Michael J. Pittard, President, Aviation Charter Services
• James K. Coyne, President, NATA
• Jeff Witwer, President, Carbonneutral Plane
• Phil Botana, President, Tampa International Jet Center
• Bobbi Thompson, Executive Vice President, ABS Management Services
• Amy Koranda, Director, Safety Management, NATA
• Bryan Burns, General Manager, Jackson Hole Aviation
• Brett Greenberg, Executive Vice President, Galaxy Aviation
Among the issues to be addressed:
• What We Can Learn From Other Industries
• Effective Employee Scheduling
• Bonus Structures That Support Savings
• Opportunities In Outsourcing
• Employee Leasing
• Additional Duties/Additional Training
• Safety Pays
• Employee Pre-Screening
• Airport Leases
• Real Estate And Tenant Leases
• Working With Your Vendors And Suppliers
• Savings In Charter Operations
• Developing New Sources Of FBO Revenue
• Controlling The Budget
• Managing Payables And Receivables
• Fixed Assets - Can Anything Be Done?
Learn more about NATA's Staying Profitable In Today's Uncertain Economy seminar, including how to register, by visiting www.nata.aero/events.
This new seminar will be held aboard the Carnival Cruise Ship Sensation on October 23-26, 2008, en route from Port Canaveral near Orlando to Nassau in the Bahamas and returning to Florida.
Michael Scheeringa is Chair of the NATA Board of Directors and Gary Dempsey is vice-chair.