EAST HARTFORD, CT -- The Association for Women in Aviation Maintenance (AWAM) announces its scholarships and awards for 2009. Applications are due by Nov. 21, 2008. Membership in the organization is a must for applicants, but no gender restrictions apply (unless otherwise stated).
Available scholarships include:
- Aircraft Technical Book Company Scholarship: A set of Airframe and Powerplant textbooks will be awarded to the two schools with the most AWAM scholarship applicants.
- Abaris Training scholarship: Two-week and one-week program awards available.
- CAE SimuFlite Maintenance scholarship: 10-day course including 60 hours of instruction.
- Elliott Aviation scholarship: $500 financial assistance (midwest applicants only).
- Flight Safety International scholarship: 10-day online “Principles of Troubleshooting” course (female applicants only).
- Girard Aviation Maintenance Technician School Scholarship: $500 toward Part 147 school (female applicants only).
- Rice Family Scholarship: “Helping Hand” award of $500 – two scholarships to be awarded to Part 147 students, one to a first-year female student and the second to anyone.
- Horizon Air Technical Training Scholarship: Two scholarships to be awarded.
- jetBlue Maintenance Scholarships: Training and roundtrip ticket to Orlando facilities to applicants with their A&P. One two-day Airbus A320 general familiarization course, one two-day Embraer E190 general familiarization course.
- P&W Training Scholarships: Six scholarships available for Connecticut or Quebec training facilities.
- Southwest Airlines Maintenance Training Scholarships: Three individual scholarships for applicants with their A&P. Two-week, one-week, and three-day courses available.
- Tools Beneath Your Wings Scholarship: This $500 award is given in honor of Richard L. Waters.
UPS, Pratt &Whitney, JetBlue, Southwest, American Eurocopter, Delta are among the offerings
Where to go to get the money for furthering your career