ALEXANDRIA, VA -- The National Air Transportation Association (NATA) announces a call for nominations to acknowledge the individuals, offices, and organizations demonstrating excellence in their field and the highest level of customer service to the general aviation community.
Each year, NATA presents seven awards to the exceptional individuals and companies that have helped to improve the general aviation community. The recipients of five of these awards are chosen based upon NATA member-submitted nominations.
These awards cover five categories:
- The Airport Executive Partnership Award recognizes an airport manager for outstanding efforts to nurture the relationships between aviation businesses and airport operators.
- The Aviation Journalism Award identifies a journalist, writer, or publication that excels in consumer education or editorial support that is beneficial to the general aviation industry.
- The Excellence In Pilot Training Award recognizes an individual or organization that has made outstanding contributions in safety, professionalism, leadership, and excellence in the field of pilot training.
- The FAA Customer Service Excellence Award recognizes a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) facility or facility staff member who represents the highest degree of customer service and elevates the quality of interaction between the FAA and aircraft maintenance and repair facilities, Part 135 certificate holders, airport service organizations, and flight schools.
- The ATP/NATA General Aviation Service Technician Award acknowledges the exceptional performance of a licensed airframe and power plant mechanic or radio repairman who has practiced his or her craft for a period of 20 or more years.
Last year’s winners were:
- Airport Executive Partnership Award – Ray Bishop, airport director, Jackson Hole Airport
- Aviation Journalism Award – Matt Thurber, senior editor, Aviation International News
- Excellence In Pilot Training Award – Susan Parson, special assistant, General Aviation and Commercial Division, FAA
- FAA Customer Service Excellence Award – Portland, Maine, Flight Standards District
- ATP/NATA General Aviation Service Technician Award – Greg Coile, avionics technician, Business Jet Access
All nominations for these five awards must be received by NATA no later than April 1, 2009. The complete nomination package is available by clicking here. Members may also obtain a nomination package by calling the NATA headquarters at (800) 808-6282 or by sending email to email@example.com.
The awards will be distributed during the 2009 NATA Air Charter Summit to be held in the Washington, D.C., area this June.