WEST CONSHOHOCKEN, PA — An extensively updated edition of Manual 5, Aviation Fuel Quality Control Procedures, is now available from ASTM International. The manual provides a complete explanation of several common procedures used by fuel handlers to assess and protect aviation fuel quality.
Features of this revised edition include:
- Rewritten API gravity section that now includes the latest information on metric density;
- Improved fuel sampling techniques section to keep up with the changes in ASTM D4306;
- Revised micro-separometer section;
- New and vitally important section on flushing new aviation fuel hoses;
- Updated filtration equipment section reflects changes in the industry regarding the API/IP/EI filtration standards; and
- Completely rewritten section on microbial contamination detection that reflects the changes in oil company and airline industry standards, changes in test equipment and aircraft maintenance practices.
These reference guide is available for aviation fuels professionals, including fixed base operators, airport service companies, aviation products representatives, purchasers, quality control personnel, fuel system designers, and oil company personnel who handle and distribute jet fuel from refineries at source into aircraft at airports.
For more information visit www.astm.org.