WASHINGTON, D.C. – Looking to reinforce the value of business aviation to American workers, policymakers, companies and communities across the U.S., the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) unveiled a comprehensive new joint advocacy campaign with a familiar name: "No Plane No Gain."
"The contributions of business aviation to our nation’s employment, commerce, competitiveness and health are profound but not always well understood," says GAMA president and CEO Pete Bunce. "We are launching this new multi-media educational campaign to get the word out that business aviation is working for America. It is responsible for well over 1 million manufacturing and service jobs, and is one of the few industries that contributes positively to our nation's balance of trade. It is also serving as a lifeline for communities all across the country that are seeing scheduled airline service being reduced or eliminated."
NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen agrees. "At a time when we are facing almost unprecedented economic challenges, U.S. businesses need tools that will help them enhance productivity, maximize flexibility, and maintain strong communications," says Bolen. "'No Plane No Gain' will underscore why business aviation is critical to tens of thousands of cost-conscious companies fighting to succeed in a difficult market. It will also remind people of the relief efforts and humanitarian assistance that is only possible through this mode of transportation."
The program, launched on Tuesday at GAMA's Annual Industry Review and Market Outlook Briefing, gets its name from a public advocacy campaign launched in 1993 by the same two associations. The new initiative will take full advantage of the changing ways people receive and process information today while building on proven advocacy techniques.
The campaign, which is backed by dedicated financial resources from NBAA and GAMA, will utilize a multi-faceted approach, including the following components, among others:
- A dedicated web site which underscores the importance of business aviation and provides resources for the business aviation community.
- Studies and surveys that will illustrate the value of business aviation, based on current, quantifiable data compiled by respected sources.
- Paid advertising through various channels.
- Webinars to educate audiences about the need for business aviation and give practical tools for justifying the use of a business airplane.
- YouTube placement and podcasts outlining the value of business aviation.
For more information visit www.noplanenogain.org.