LONDON -- Lufthansa Tecknik was the major winner at the inaugural Aviation Industry Awards organized by UBM Aviation, winning three titles plus the Best All-around MRO Service Provider title. The winners were announced at a ceremony on Tuesday, May 5, attended by more than 400 industry executives.
A total of 24 companies were shortlisted in 12 categories to identify the best in the commercial aviation aftermarket. Boeing won two awards: Best AOG (Aircraft on Ground) Response and Best OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for After Market Customer Support. SR Technics won Best Independent MRO, while Heico won Best Technological Innovation in MRO.
Other winners included Federal Express (Best Logistics Provider); Lufthansa (Best Airline Engineering & Maintenance Division); Oakenhurst Aircraft Services (Best Component MRO) and Kellstrom Industries (Best Spare Parts Distributor or Stockist).
"We congratulate Lufthansa Technik and all the other winners, who have proved they have what it takes to be the best in the commercial aviation aftermarket," says Paul Copping, Managing Director Aviation Industry Group. "The results of these awards are based entirely on the votes of people in the MRO supply chain industry, so it is a testament to every company which made it to the shortlist that they are truly valued by their customers."
Jon Sharp, President & CEO of the Engine Lease Finance Corp., which sponsored these awards, presented the trophies.
The awards ceremony was held in conjunction with the welcome reception for Aviation Industry Group's flagship event, the Airline Purchasing & Aircraft Maintenance Outsourcing EXPO, which takes place at Olympia on May 6-7. For more information about the EXPO visit www.airlinepurchasingexpo.com.
- Best AOG Response: Boeing (Nominees: Infinity Air, Oakenhurst Aircraft Services)
- Best Engine MRO: Lufthansa Technik (Nominees: GE Aviation, MTU Maintenance)
- Best Independent MRO: SR Technics (Nominees: ADAT, Sabena Technics)
- Best Airline Third-Party MRO: Lufthansa Technik (Nominees: AFI/KLM E&M, Egyptair Maintenance & Engineering)
- Best OEM for After Market Customer Support: Boeing (Nominees: GE Aviation, Honeywell)
- Best Logistics Provider: Federal Express (Nominees: DHL, Sterling Courier)
- Best Airline Engineering & Maintenance Division: Lufthansa (Nominees: British Airways, Delta)
- Best Heavy Maintenance provider: Lufthansa Technik (Nominees: AFI/KLM E&M, SR Technics)
- Best Component MRO: Oakenhurst Aircraft Services (Nominees: Lufthansa Technik, Med Craft)
- Best Technological Innovation in MRO: Heico (Nominees: Lufthansa Technik, Rolls Royce)
- Best Spare Parts Distributor or Stockist: Kellstrom Industries (Nominees: AJ Walter, Aviall)
- Best All Round MRO Service Provider: Lufthansa Technik (Nominees: AFI/KLM E&M, SR Technics)
UBM Aviation is a global data and information business for the air transport industry serving the passenger aviation, air cargo logistics, maintenance repair & overhaul (MRO) and business travel communities with information products, market intelligence, news and events.