WALTHAM, MA -- Olympus NDT has scheduled a free webinar titled "The Benefits of Phased Array in Weld Inspection." This 45-minute event is scheduled on Tuesday, May 19, at 11:00 a.m. (EST).
The webinar explains the benefits of ultrasound phased array as an NDT technology. In recent years phased array flaw detectors have become smaller and more affordable, and are now realistic for general weld inspections. In contrast to single element instruments, ultrasonic phased arrays use multiple ultrasonic elements and electronic time delays to create beams that can be steered, scanned, swept, and focused electronically. This webinar covers the advantages of phased array technology and how it can improve weld inspections.
The following topics will be discussed:
- How phased arrays significantly increase the speed of your inspection
- Much improved imaging of the weld defects
- Highly reproducible inspections
- The keys to make your inspection more cost-effective
- Availability of wide range of instruments at various price levels
- Training takes the mystery out of phased array
Schedules speakers include:
- J. Mark Davis, founder of Davis NDE and University of Ultrasonics, is a graduate of the US Navy NDT Program and an ASNT UT Level III with over 30 years of experience in Welding, Quality Assurance and NDT. Mark will summarize the benefits of phased array inspections, and discuss specific applications of weld inspections.
- Coleman Flanagan, Product Manager of Portable Flaw Detectors for Olympus NDT, is responsible for the EPOCH 1000 Series Ultrasonic flaw detectors. Coleman will highlight the various product features such as the AWS D.1.1/D1.5 weld rating calculator.
- Francois-Come Beaupre, Product Applications Leader at Olympus NDT, is responsible for advanced phased array applications and support.
This 45-minute live webinar includes a Q & A session. Attendees can register on-line here.