GENEVA, SWITZERLAND -- Rockwell Collins announces that flight testing is underway for its Pro Line Fusion integrated avionics system. The flights are taking place on Rockwell Collins' test airplane.
The successful Pro Line Fusion flight tests mark an exciting step forward in delivering a truly innovative system that scales new aircraft platforms from business to commercial airline jets.
"The successful Pro Line Fusion flight tests mark an exciting step forward in delivering a truly innovative system that scales new aircraft platforms from business to commercial airline jets," says Greg Irmen, vice president and general manager of Business and Regional Systems for Rockwell Collins. "And while the current economic environment has its challenges, we are fully committed and looking forward to delivering this important next-generation avionics solution to our customers."
Since Rockwell Collins first introduced Pro Line Fusion in November 2007, it has been selected for a broad range of business and regional aircraft including:
- Bombardier Global Express XRS/Bombardier Global 5000
- Bombardier Lear 85
- Bombardier C-Series
- Embraer Legacy 450/500
- Gulfstream G250
- Mitsubishi Regional Jet
Key design elements of Pro Line Fusion include:
- Extensive situational awareness with the largest format, high resolution 15-inch LCD displays, synthetic and enhanced vision, and MultiScan weather radar.
- Empowering user interface that feature intuitive controls with point and click access, and information windows that are context sensitive for different phases of flight.
- Flexible, adaptable open systems architecture featuring interface standards to ease accommodation of new technologies and future airspace requirements.
- Information-enabled design that applies a networked system with unprecedented ability for interoperability between onboard and ground systems. This feature eases maintenance efforts, including integrated cabin and flight deck avionics diagnostics.
For more information click here.
Bombardier Aerospace offers 24/7 technical support for operators of Bombardier Learjet, Challenger, and Global aircraft. For Learjet technical support: (316) 946-6100 or firstname.lastname@example.org...
Flight Testing for Aviation's First Touch-screen Primary Flight Displays Takes Off at Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins' Pro Line Fusion with touch-screen and cursor-controlled flight displays will debut as a retrofit option from Hawker Beechcraft Global Customer Support (GCS) for Pro Line...