HUNTSVILLE, AL -- WestWind Technologies recently received six awards given by the National Safety Council. The series of recognitions adds to years of safety awards and includes acknowledgement for the company's continued record in safety, accomplishments in accident prevention, and no loss of time injuries or illnesses:
- Occupational Excellence Achievement Award -- Service in Accident Prevention
- Million Work Hours Award -- Operating 1,000,000 Hours without Incident
- Perfect Record Award -- No Accidents, Injuries or Illnesses
- Milestone Award -- Operating 2 Years Incident-Free
- Certificate of Merit -- Recognizing Department Contributions in Accomplishing the Overall Goal
- Lift Truck Operator Award -- 480+ Consecutive Hours of Operation without Incident
"This is a tremendous accomplishment for the WestWind employees and their managers. Our company goal is to keep our people safe, provide them with safe and healthy work environments, and safely produce the best in quality products and services for our customers," says WestWind COO Roger Messick. "With 1.5 million hours and counting without incident, we are well on our way to the Safety Leadership Award for five years accident-free."
WestWind Technologies, Inc. is a provider of aviation integration, engineering, manufacturing, and logistics services in Huntsville, AL, with more than 200,000 square feet of operational facilities. An additional 65,000 square feet of hangar space will be completed in August and will house the Huntsville Aircraft Modification and Integration Center at the Huntsville International Airport.
The SBA-certified small business is ISO9001/AS9100-registered and FAA Part 145 Repair Station certified. For more information visit www.westwindcorp.com.