DEARBORN, Mich., July 30, 2009 – More than 100 years ago, Ford Motor Company revolutionized the consumer automobile industry with the introduction of Henry Ford’s Model T. More than a century later, the company is offering test drives of a new vehicle that will once again change the way the world thinks about automotive innovation, the 2011 Ford Fiesta. At this year’s Experimental Aviation Association’s (EAA) AirVenture Oshkosh, attendees can experience the full 100-plus year span of innovation with a walk of around 100 yards.
Beginning Thursday, July 30, Ford will present the opportunity for AirVenture attendees to test drive the Ford Fiesta for free at the Fiesta Movement traveling display. Located at the EAA Museum on the grounds of Wittman Regional Airport, the display will operate from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day until Saturday, August 1. Also on Thursday only, just a short distance away at Pioneer Airport, visitors can enjoy the Model T Experience by taking a ride in any of several Model Ts on site with members of the Model T Ford Club of America from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
One of Motor Trend’s "Gotta Have Cars" for 2010, the Ford Fiesta will make a bold statement on the American road. In Europe, the Fiesta name has been synonymous with outstanding performance, design and value for more than 30 years and millions of miles. The new Ford Fiesta takes that three-decade heritage to a new level with eye-catching styling and exemplary driving dynamics for U.S. consumers. EAA AirVenture will be one of the final stops on the Fiesta Movement tour. Details on the Fiesta Movement are available at www.fiestamovement.com.
Ford also will display its dedication to innovation throughout AirVenture Oshkosh with nearly 60 Ford vehicles on site in and around at the Ford Hangar, including:
· 2010 Ford Taurus SHO (Super High Output) – The Ford Taurus SHO mid size performance sedan, named Car of the Year by Esquire magazine, makes a valiant return with a 3.5 liter direct-injected twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 engine.
· Transit Connect – Entering the North American market for the first time this year, the Ford Transit Connect compact panel van was previously recognized as "Van of the Year" by Professional Van and Light Truck Magazine.
· Fusion Hybrid – Named one of Kelly Blue Book’s “Top 10 Green Cars,” the Fusion Hybrid gasoline-electric hybrid powered version of the mid-size Ford Fusion sedan boasts 41 miles per gallon in the city, making it the most fuel-efficient mid-size sedan.
· MKT EcoBoost – Lincoln offers full-size luxury crossover customers a fresh, new choice with the 2010 Lincoln MKT, a three-row tourer that combines style and versatility while delivering the optimal blend of fuel economy, performance, technology and spaciousness with a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 engine.
· MKS EcoBoost – The 2010 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost full-size luxury sedan delivers a compelling combination of V-8 power and V-6 fuel economy with a premium twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 engine.
Ford also will offer “EcoShuttles” throughout the week to help visitors get around Wittman Regional Airport. Professionally driven models of the Ford Fusion Hybrid and Mercury Milan Hybrid midsize sedans and the EcoBoost-equipped Ford Taurus SHO sedan will be running on various shuttle routes throughout the EAA AirVenture Grounds.
About EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
The annual meeting of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), EAA AirVenture features more than 2,500 show aircraft, including homebuilts, antiques, classics, warbirds, ultralights and rotorcraft, and is expected to attract more than 500,000 aviation enthusiasts. During the week, more than 500 forums are conducted by aviation leaders and NASA researchers, along with FAA personnel, aircraft designers and a host of others. EAA AirVenture is a 24-hour event. For more information, please visit www.AirVenture.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 213,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s core and affiliated automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.