LINCOLN, NEB — Duncan Aviation will soon have WAAS LPV solutions for 10 aircraft models. Starting last March with its first WAAS LPV certification for the Learjet 45 and continuing today with a soon-to-be-complete WAAS LPV solution for the Learjet 31A, Duncan Aviation is leading the WAAS LPV wave by partnering with equipment manufacturers, the FAA and customers to deliver WAAS LPV technology.
"Our customers who have upgraded their aircraft with WAAS LPV say that it is a must-have item," says Steve Elofson, Manager of Duncan Aviation's Avionics Install Service Sales. "It provides operational and safety benefits that every pilot wants, such as ILS-like approaches, increased aircraft performance and reduced pilot workload."
Duncan Aviation has WAAS LPV solutions to cover many of the most popular models of business aircraft flying today:
* Duncan Aviation has certified the installation of Universal dual UNS-1Ew with LPV-approach capability for the Learjet 45.
* Duncan Aviation is currently working on a WAAS LPV certification for Challenger 600/601 aircraft equipped with EFI-890 upgrade. The certification is expected to be complete in October of 2009.
* Duncan Aviation and Honeywell are working on the dual NZ-2000 FMS with WAAS LPV solution for the Challenger 601-3A/3R followed shortly thereafter by the Falcon 900. Certification is expected in the fourth quarter of 2009.
* Duncan Aviation will soon have certification for the installation of Universal UNS with LPV-approach capability in a Learjet 31A and a Hawker 800XP. Certification for both is expected in January 2010.
* Duncan Aviation partnered with Rockwell Collins on its STC for the Pro Line 21 retrofit in the King Air 200 and King Air 300, which provides for WAAS LPV certification.
* Duncan Aviation is able to upgrade the FMS units of Challenger 604 and Hawker 800XP aircraft with Rockwell Collins Pro Line 4 and Pro Line 21 equipment, providing WAAS LPV approach capability.
To see the latest list of solutions and to learn more about WAAS and LPV certification, visit www.DuncanAviation.aero/waas.
Duncan Aviation is an aircraft service provider supporting the aviation needs of government and business operators and other service providers. Services include major and minor airframe inspections and maintenance, engine services, major retrofits for cabin and cockpit systems in addition to full paint and interior services and aircraft sales and acquisitions. Duncan Aviation also has aircraft components solutions experts available 24/7/365 at 800.228.1836 or 402.475.4125 (international) who can handle any aircraft system problem with immediate exchanges, rotables, loaners or avionics/instrument/accessory/propeller repairs and overhauls.
Complete service facilities are located in Lincoln, Neb., and Battle Creek, Mich. Additional locations include more than 20 satellite avionics facilities strategically located throughout the United States.
For more information about any of Duncan Aviation's services, contact us at 402.475.2611 or 800.228.4277. Or visit us on the web at www.DuncanAviation.aero.