WICHITA, Kan. (Nov. 13, 2009) – Hawker Beechcraft Corporation (HBC) today announced its plans to participate in the annual gathering of the aerospace industry at the Dubai Airshow Nov. 15-19 with the display of five models of its family of aircraft, along with Hawker 4000 owner and professional golfer Sergio Garcia on hand for the event. Garcia, who will also participate in the upcoming Race to Dubai Golf Classic, is scheduled to appear at HBC’s Chalet #A9, where he will meet with the company’s customers and prospects and discuss his own experiences as an owner of the world’s most advanced business jet – the Hawker 4000.
“The Dubai Airshow is a good opportunity to interact with our growing list of customers from the region,” said Sean McGeough, vice president, International Sales. “The Hawker 4000, with its outstanding performance and extremely comfortable cabin, continues to generate excitement and orders in Europe and the Middle East. We look forward to building on this momentum.”
HBC has delivered more than two dozen airplanes, including the Hawker 4000, Hawker 900XP, Hawker 750, Hawker 400XP, King Air 350 and King Air C90GTi, into countries throughout the region, including the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and India.
The company continues working to secure additional certifications worldwide. The following were received in recent months:
• Hawker 4000 – Isle of Man, UAE
• Hawker 900XP – Bermuda, Qatar
• Hawker 750 – Estonia, Russia
• Beechcraft King Air B200GT – Isle of Man, Cayman Islands, Pakistan
• Beechcraft King Air C90GTi – Turkey, Republic of San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Botswana
HBC’s Dubai Airshow 2009 exhibit will showcase five aircraft, including:
• Hawker 4000 – The flagship of the Hawker line, the composite-fuselage Hawker 4000 is the most advanced super-midsize business jet in the world. It truly sets the standard for quality, performance and value in the super-midsize business jet class of aircraft.
• Hawker 900XP – From the world’s most popular midsized business jet lineage (the Hawker 800 series), the Hawker 900XP has combined new Honeywell engines with enhanced winglets and a large cabin for increased performance, range, efficiency, comfort and unprecedented value.
• Hawker 400XP – With the largest cabin of any comparable aircraft, this aircraft is the preferred light jet for the fractional market and corporations worldwide. The Hawker 400XP is the fastest light business jet of its class.
• Beechcraft Premier IA – Truly an advanced technology light jet, the Premier IA offers customers an industry-leading combination of speed, cabin size and efficiency with a new interior, upgraded avionics and five-year warranty.
• Beechcraft King Air 350 – The King Air series is the #1 turboprop lineup in the world. The flagship Beechcraft King Air model, the next-generation King Air 350, offers the utmost in versatility and capability and features a class leading heated, pressurized, and in-flight-accessible baggage area – the largest in its class. This aircraft can operate on runways as short as 3,300 feet with impressive short-field performance.
Hawker Beechcraft Corporation is a world-leading manufacturer of business, special mission and trainer aircraft – designing, marketing and supporting aviation products and services for businesses, governments and individuals worldwide. The company’s headquarters and major facilities are located in Wichita, Kan., with operations in Salina, Kan.; Little Rock, Ark.; Chester, England, U.K.; and Chihuahua, Mexico. The company leads the industry with a global network of more than 100 factory-owned and authorized service centers. For more information, visit www.hawkerbeechcraft.com.