Washington, DC, December 18, 2009 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced the approval of six new Professional Development Program (PDP) Courses offered by five different PDP providers. NBAA also seeks new educational providers to develop additional courses.
The new offerings listed below are described by course number, title and PDP objective.
• Aviation Training Solutions has two new courses approved that are each available in a one day class format with a flexible schedule. The first course is called Effective Leadership in Business Aviation and it meets PDP objective L3. This course explains the qualities of good leadership and hope to motivate and achieve results within a flight department. The second course called Enhancing Productivity through Business Aviation meets objective BM1 and relates the various transportation solutions and how they can be incorporated into the corporate culture of the business aviation flight department.
• Aviem International, Inc. offers the approved course, “Emergency Planning for Business Aviation” that includes developing and implementing a disaster recovery plan for the business aviation flight department (Ops5).
• Convergent Performance LLC was approved for a course titled “Pilot Reliability Certification” that covers basic human factors in business aviation (PM9).
• Ohio University has an approved course called “Business in Aviation” that plans for corporate travel analysis and the concepts of fitting the flight department into a corporate culture (BM1).
• Sinclair Community College, has “Principles of Aviation Leadership (AVT-141)” that outlines the methods for developing a strategic mission and vision statement for the flight department. (L1, L2).
NBAA's Professional Development Program provides a curriculum for the education of current and future business aviation managers. The program encourages participation in coursework, recognizes outstanding candidates and participants, and rewards those seeking careers in business aviation.
PDP Courses also are a means of preparing individuals to become NBAA Certified Aviation Managers (CAMs), though participation in PDP is not required for participation in the CAM Program.
NBAA seeks providers for additional PDP Courses. Traditionally, established training organizations and educational institutions provide PDP Courses through a variety of convenient and flexible delivery methods, including Internet courses, video instructions and on-site seminars. Individuals and organizations interested in becoming PDP-approved providers should contact NBAA. The deadline for provider and course submissions is January 15, 2010; NBAA's PDP Review Committee will make selections in spring, 2010.
For more information about PDP, visit www.nbaa.org/pdp.
Three New Courses Approved as Association Seeks New Providers to Develop Additional Courses.
Capitalize on Human Resources and Customer Service Program classes will be held at the NBAA convention in Atlanta.
The CAM designation provides industry recognition of achievement and knowledge in the following areas of business aviation: business management, human resources, leadership, operations, and...