Oceanside, Calif., Feb. 17, 2010 — DART Helicopter Services (DHS) — now the industry’s No. 1 provider of helicopter accessories — continues to build its product line, partnerships and plans for future growth. Some of its newest products — from moving maps to life rafts in quarter doors — will be on display in Exhibit 1045 during Heli-Expo, Feb. 21-23 in Houston, Texas. Also on display will be core products such as skidtubes, and three mockups with dozens of accessories installed.
A show highlight will be unique water drop demonstrations using FAST Bucket, the most powerful, productive portable heli-bucket available. The demos will be ongoing in the company’s static display, No. 19.
“We’re grateful that we’ve been able to continue expanding in a challenging market, and we thank our customers for helping us become the world’s largest helicopter accessories provider,” said Jeff Shapiro, president. DART is publicly thanking customers in a visible way with a full-page ad that will debut during the show.
Some of DHS’s most significant successes and milestones include:
• The addition of 500 new accessories, for a total of 3,000, including fire suppression, air conditioners, ground support equipment, a huge array of tooling, and interiors.
• A collection of special operations equipment, including FMS Moving Map with slaving, searchlights, TSOPs, and FAST rope.
• Special categories of safety-enhancing accessories, such as emergency floats, cable cutters, shoulder harness kits, emergency exit upgrades, and more.
• An all-new, expanded website, with a new provision for online ordering.
• A 448-page catalog, the company’s largest ever.
• Partnerships with five new manufacturers, including Absolute Fire Solutions, Bristow, Flight Management Systems, Integrated Flight Systems, and Red Box International. DART now distributes products from 20 different manufacturers.
• Top-level management changes, including the appointment of Steve Joseph as general manager, to keep pace with growth.
• A broadening global presence, with 12 locations worldwide, and plans for more international expansion.
“Our ultimate goal is to make flying easier, safer and more efficient and cost effective,” Shapiro said. “We’ve also made it easier than ever for customers to find and order the accessories they need.”
DHS’s mainstay remains superior engineering capabilities that result in innovative accessories that precisely meet mission requirements and often are exclusively available from DART. DART serves customers worldwide who operate AgustaWestland, Bell, Eurocopter, MD, Robinson, and Sikorsky helicopters. Those who would like more information about the DHS line of helicopter accessories may call 1-613-632-3336.
Mike O’Reilly, President of Eagle Copters, Ltd., in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, has succeeded Jeff Shapiro as DART’s President and CEO.
The 24-hour online shop is set up to provide users with customized recommendations for accessories, based on aircraft and product search results.
As a result, DHS now has access to more than 5,000 cost-effective, mission-enhancing accessories from Bristow.
The acquisition enables DHS to paint and refinish components and accessories for helicopter industry customers.