Wichita, KS — March 29, 2010 — Aeroflex today introduced the GPSG-1000, a portable GPS and Galileo positional simulator. The GPSG-1000 is lightweight, easy to use, configurable, and inexpensive. It fills a gap in the market by providing a low-cost 12-channel test set that creates three-dimensional simulations for under $20,000.
With the advent of GPS signal modernization, many GPS simulators on the market today are now obsolete. The GPSG-1000 supports civil and military avionics field and bench maintenance technicians, production test technicians, and system integrators with a modern simulator for L1, C/A code and L1C, L2C, L5 GPS modernization signals, as well as new Galileo E1, E5, E6 services. It can be configured with single channel, 6-channel, or 12-channel simulation. Typical tests include acquisition sensitivity, tracking sensitivity, time-to-first-fix for cold/warm/hot starts, time-to-second-fix, positional accuracy, RAIM failure tolerance, and subsystem stimulation for 3D flight execution.
About the GPSG-1000 GPS/Galileo Portable Positional Simulator
The Aeroflex GPSG-1000 uses modular technology for RF and baseband signal generation to produce highly accurate and repeatable test results. Unlike bench top simulators, Aeroflex’s approach also allows the test system to be easily upgraded at low cost.
Some of the many features of the GPSG-1000 include:
• Simulation of GPS L1C, L2C, L5 signals, supporting the modernization of signals used by the latest designs of GPS receivers;
• Simulation of Galileo E1, E5, E6 signals to support unencrypted services;
• SBAS, WAAS/EGNOS L1, L5 for automatic SBAS simulation;
• Built-in GPS C/A code receiver for automatic GPS almanac download;
• Waypoint navigation, a 3D navigation scheme that allows airport-to-airport flight plan simulation;
• Programmable satellite parameters allow specific tests to be conducted to determine receiver behavior under degraded or invalid signal conditions;
• Dynamic satellite signal simulation for real world constellation signal conditions.
Price and availability
The GPSG-1000 Portable Positional Simulator is available in single channel, 6-channel, and 12-channel configurations and is priced at less than U.S. $20,000 for the 12-channel configuration. The GPSG-1000 is available in 16 weeks upon receipt of order. For more information, contact your local Aeroflex sales office by visiting or calling Aeroflex Sales at (800) 835-2352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aeroflex Incorporated is a global provider of high technology solutions to the aerospace, defense, cellular and broadband communications markets. The Company’s diverse technologies allow it to design, develop, manufacture and market a broad range of test, measurement and microelectronic products. Aeroflex Incorporated was founded in 1937 and today has more than 2,600 employees worldwide. Additional information concerning Aeroflex Incorporated can be found on the company’s web site: www.aeroflex.com.