WICHITA, Kan. (April 1, 2010) – Hawker Beechcraft Corporation (HBC) today announced updates to key positions in the company’s global sales organization. These roles will be instrumental as the company continues to expand its footprint in the global marketplace.
The following individuals bring extensive experience to HBC:
• Noell Michaels, vice president, Hawker Sales, Eastern United States. Michaels will lead the company’s Hawker sales efforts in the eastern U.S. He is a proven sales executive having previously held leadership positions at several major aviation organizations, most recently as Senior Vice President of Sales at Avolar Corporation. Prior to that he was Midwest Sales Director for Gulfstream for many years. Michaels received a bachelor’s in finance from the University of Texas at Austin and a master’s in business administration from the University of Virginia’s Darden School. He is also a former Naval Aviator and a graduate of the U.S. Navy's Aviation Safety School at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, Calif.
• Jim Christiansen, vice president, Hawker Sales, Central United States. Christiansen will lead the company’s Hawker sales efforts in the central U.S. He comes to HBC with more than 40 years of experience, holding senior leadership positions in major companies in aircraft management, fractional and charter areas, most recently as president of NetJets Aviation, Inc.Christiansen has been active in industry trade groups, including Chairman of the Board of NATA, the NBAA Associate Member Advisory Council, and currently as Vice Chairman of the Air Charter Safety Foundation. He served as a U.S. Army helicopter pilot and holds commercial, instrument, multi-engine fixed wing and commercial and instructor rotary wing ratings. Christiansen earned a bachelor’s in business administration from Montclair State College in New Jersey.
• David Coppock, vice president, Hawker Sales, Western United States. Coppock will lead the company’s Hawker sales efforts in the western U.S. His previous experience includes roles as a sales director and sales demonstration captain for two large business aircraft manufacturers. Coppock was also a vice president in the private client wealth industry. He holds a bachelor’s in political science and business from the University of Iowa. Coppock served as a pilot in the U.S. Air Force and Iowa Air National Guard. He is a commercial and airline transport pilot and is instrument rated in multi-engine aircraft.
• John Meehan, vice president, Hawker Sales, Latin America. Meehan will lead the company’s Hawker sales efforts in the Caribbean, Mexico and Central and South America. He has held positions of increasing responsibility in sales, operations and general management across a broad spectrum of industries and geographic locations. Most recently he was the General Manager for Landmark Aviation’s flagship property at Dulles airport. Meehan received a bachelor’s in general engineering from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and a master’s in business administration from Boston College. He is a commercial pilot and instrument rated in fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
• Don Mercer, vice president, Beechcraft Sales, Eastern United States. Mercer is responsible for the company’s Beechcraft sales for the eastern U.S. He has been with the company for more than 20 years and served in increasing roles of responsibility, most recently as vice president of Beechcraft pre-owned aircraft. He was also previously the President of European Aircraft Corporation. Mercer has an airline transport rating and is type rated in the Premier I, King Air 300/350, 2000 and 1900 Airliner. He received his bachelor’s in mechanical engineering from the University of Miami.
Holcombe brings more than 20 years of aviation experience to HBC.
In his position, Turner is responsible for all elements of customer support marketing worldwide, including Hawker Beechcraft Services, Hawker Beechcraft Parts & Distribution (HBP&D), Support Plus...
HBC names Brian Howell, vice president, Strategic Aftermarket Integration; Wes Norris, vice president, Global Authorized Service Center Networks; and Roger Smeltzer Sr., vice president, Hawker...
In this role, Noonan leads commercial contracts and sales support in coordinating and enhancing the sales process and customer experience for the company.