LINDAU, GERMANY - May 6, 2010 - Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (SGPPL) is introducing its portfolio of critical connections solutions for aircraft interior applications at the 2010 Aircraft Interiors Expo, May 18-20 in Hamburg, Germany. These critical connections solutions are customized to meet the exact specifications required for safe and reliable aircraft interior performance.
The solutions incorporate a wide range of high-performance silicone sealing technologies (both extruded and molded) dedicated for floor-to-floor applications, aircraft monuments, and galleys. These technologies guarantee interior components are watertight, airtight, and light-tight. They also offer abrasion and friction resistance through the incorporation of fabrics and proprietary SGPPL coatings.
"SGPPL is able to customize solutions that meet aircraft manufacturers' precise design and application specifications," says Nicolas Poussineau, Global Market Leader, Aerospace at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics. "We can provide critical connections solutions developed with advanced materials to component suppliers for inclusion in galleys and monuments, and finished components directly to aircraft manufacturers."
Solution Development & Production Process
SGPPL works with its clients through a 5-step process to develop and manufacture a customized critical connections solution to match their needs:
1. Knowledge and Assessment Meeting: The SGPPL team first meets with suppliers and manufacturers to identify potential problems and understand specific requirements.
2. Review: The team then performs an on-site study of the application to ensure information accuracy.
3. Global Collaboration Session: The team taps into Saint-Gobain's resources and expertise around the world to share ideas and develop a solution that meets performance criteria.
4. Solution Presentation: The team formally introduces the proposed solution to the client and then holds a thorough review to further refine and perfect the final version.
5. Approval and Manufacture: The critical connections solution is approved by the client and is then manufactured to exact specifications for delivery regionally or globally.
The result is a tailor-made critical connections solution that supports aircraft performance and strengthens the customer brand. These solutions include highly-specialized precision seals and interior parts for galleys, cabin baggage bins, toilets, emergency exits, dampening plates, crew rest grounds, and furnishing panel seals, among others.
SGPPL executives will be available to provide more information on critical connections solutions for the aerospace industry at booth #6G90 at the Aircraft Interiors Expo, May 18 - 20, Hamburg, Germany.
About Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (SGPPL) is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain Corporation, one of the top 100 industrial companies in the world and a leading producer of construction products, flat glass, high-performance materials and packaging. Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics produces critical connection solutions for the aerospace, chemical and food & beverage industries. For more information, visit www.plastics.saint-gobain.com.