EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wis. - (June 9, 2010) - Historic warbirds will dazzle audiences and salute the veterans who flew them as part of the daily air shows at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2010, which will be held July 26-August 1 at Wittman Regional Airport.
As part of the week-long "Salute to Veterans" commemoration, the warbirds' legacy from various eras will be celebrated in themed afternoon air shows. Highlighting the week will be the "Max Effort" air show on Tuesday, July 27, honoring the 75th anniversary of the DC-3/C-47 through formation flights and aerial displays.
"Seeing these legendary warbirds take flight is sure to be a memorable experience for all," said Bill Fischer, EAA Warbirds of America executive director. "Spectators will gain an appreciation for the veterans who piloted them and get a glimpse into their history and aerobatic flying capabilities."
Other themed shows include classic warbird jets and Vietnam War-era warbirds as well as solo aerobatic performances that will close AirVenture on Sunday, August 1.
Additionally, attendees will be able to see the widely popular warbirds up close at Scotts Warbird Alley, which is home to the twice-daily "Warbirds in Review" program. Among the several notable warbirds on display during the week will be the DC-3/C-47, B-17, P-51 Mustangs, F-86, Nakajima A6M2 Model 21 Zero and a newly restored Focke-Wulf Fw190A-9.
Follow Warbirds of America on Facebook at www.facebook.com/EAAWarbirds.
EAA AirVenture 2010 afternoon air show lineup (subject to change):
* Monday, July 26, 3 p.m. - Formation groups arrive, including T-6s, T-34s, T-28s, and Yak-52s as well as CJ-6As
* Tuesday, July 27, 3 p.m. - "Max Effort" featuring DC-3/C-47 formation flights and aerial displays
* Wednesday, July 28, 3 p.m. - Warbirds from the Vietnam War era
* Thursday, July 29, 3 p.m. - Classic Jet Warbirds
* Friday, July 30, 3 p.m. - "Warbirds Spectacular" featuring warbirds from all eras accompanied by pyrotechnics
* Saturday, July 31, 3 p.m. - "Warbirds Spectacular" featuring warbirds from all eras accompanied by pyrotechnics
* Sunday, August 1, 2 p.m. - "Warbird Aerobatics" featuring solo aerobatic performances
EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH is The World's Greatest Aviation Celebration and EAA's yearly membership convention. Additional EAA AirVenture information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available online at www.airventure.org. EAA members receive lowest prices on admission rates. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 1-800-JOIN-EAA (1-800-564-6322) or visit www.eaa.org. Immediate news is available at http://twitter.com/EAAupdate.