FARNBOROUGH, U.K. (July 20, 2010) – As part of an ongoing global development plan designed to broaden sales coverage of key market segments, improve the agility of its customer support team and ensure proper staffing for anticipated market growth, Hawker Beechcraft Corporation (HBC) today announced a number of new personnel assignments taking place within its Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. The personnel cover a variety of positions within the company’s Sales, Marketing and Global Customer Support divisions.
• Clive Prentice, vice president and general manager of EMEA Operations, Global Customer Support. Prentice will be responsible for the strategic vision and growth of the company’s support in the EMEA region. A veteran financial and business development executive, he previously worked for Marshall Aerospace and L3 Communications and has held a variety of senior management positions at divisions of Raytheon, Dowty, the U.K. Civil Aviation Authority and British Aerospace Corporate Jets. Prentice is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and has a bachelor’s in economics and decision making from the Open University in the U.K.
• Peter Walker, vice president, Beechcraft Sales, EMEA. Walker is responsible for the company’s Beechcraft sales for EMEA region. He previously served as a regional sales director in Southern Europe. He holds both U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and South African Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) licenses with more than 4,000 hours of flight experience. He will be based in the Middle East.
• Garett Jerde, regional sales director, Beechcraft Sales, Southwestern Europe. Jerde is responsible for the company’s Beechcraft sales for southwestern Europe. He is a former HBC demonstration pilot and also previously served as the regional sales director for piston aircraft sales in Europe. A graduate of the University of North Dakota, he holds an ATP license, as well as Instrument Flight Instructor, Certified Flight Instructor and Multi-engine Instrument ratings. He has logged more than 3,500 hours of flight experience.
• Julie Donaghy, regional sales director, Beechcraft Baron and Bonanza Sales, Europe. Donaghy is responsible for the company’s Baron and Bonanza sales in Europe. She previously supported HBC’s flight and sales departments in Europe. She has a degree in special mathematics and a Joint Airworthiness Authority ATPL (frozen) from Oxford Aviation.
• Faye Goodyear, marketing communications manager, EMEA. Goodyear is the central point of contact for creation and execution of all Marketing efforts within the region, including advertising, direct mail, promotions and exhibitions. She previously worked in international sales support for the company. Goodyear earned a CIM diploma in marketing from The Oxford College of Marketing.
Hawker Beechcraft Corporation is a world-leading manufacturer of business, special-mission and trainer aircraft – designing, marketing and supporting aviation products and services for businesses, governments and individuals worldwide. The company’s headquarters and major facilities are located in Wichita, Kan., with operations in Salina, Kan.; Little Rock, Ark.; Chester, England, U.K.; and Chihuahua, Mexico. The company leads the industry with a global network of more than 100 factory-owned and authorized service centers. For more information, visit www.hawkerbeechcraft.com.