Orleans, MA – August 2010 -- Conklin & de Decker announced the latest release of their innovative LIFE CYCLE COST 2010 Volume II. The most comprehensive aircraft budget and financial analysis tool available, LIFE CYCLE COST from Conklin & de Decker, provides extensive ownership and operating cost data for more than 375 jets, turboprops, helicopters and piston aircraft.
The LIFE CYCLE COST budgeting software is part of a family of aircraft operating & acquisition products developed by Conklin & de Decker that puts all aspects of owning and operating an aircraft into one easy-to-use program. Aircraft acquisition costs, operating costs, taxes, final residual values and even revenues, if the user is in commercial operations, are all included in this business aviation budgeting tool.
The latest update for this valuable tool includes new features that will enhance and make the budgeting process more complete. The new features include:
• The new fuel surcharge function that makes Charter projections more accurate.
• An option to edit “Other” cost category descriptions, which produces custom reports for the specific situation.
• The ability to adjust basic airframe parts cost and maintenance hours is more straightforward, allowing users to produce more accurate reports.
• A “years-produced” field provides a quick reference about the selected aircraft’s current production status or, if out-of-production, the years it was manufactured.
The new release also adds eight aircraft: the Citation CJ4, Gulfstream G250, Texas Turbine Supervan 900 (Cessna 208 with a TPE-331-12JR), Bell 429, Robinson R-66, AS350B3 (2B), AS350B3 (2B1) and the Twin Commander Shrike. In addition, fuel and maintenance costs as well as aircraft acquisition prices have been updated.
Other features of LIFE CYCLE COST include the ability to:
• Print all three reports (Financial Analysis, Budget Analysis & Residual Value) with the click of one button.
• Turn off the Betterment/Detriment calculation when using the lease option in a financial analysis.
• Turn off the effects of the Warranty calculator if applicable.
• Calculate CO2 costs for each aircraft in the database.
• Recognize the value added tax (VAT).
• Turn on or off the effects of the aging curve calculations on maintenance costs.
The software is designed so that users can obtain a comprehensive analysis by simply selecting an aircraft type from a drop down menu. Users can expand the breadth of the analysis by choosing different methods of acquisition (lease, finance, purchase, shared & fractional ownership), type of operation (corporate, commercial or managed), and depreciation schedules (5- or 7-year MACRS, straight-line, including a user-defined schedule). These selections populate the program with preloaded operating costs as researched by Conklin & de Decker. The preloaded data alone saves users numerous hours of research. However, the user can easily edit any of the pre-loaded costs and flight hour estimates to modify the analysis to a specific situation and benchmark their costs against the Conklin & de Decker costs.
Output from the program can help the user in a variety of ways. The operations department will benefit from a 12-month budget analysis; or up-to a 20-year cost projection for variable and fixed costs. The program calculates the Net Present Value (NPV) and after-tax cash flow for a corporate or commercial program which will enable the finance department to quickly compare the net present value of different acquisition or disposition methods for multiple aircraft, while also learning more about the factors (betterment/detriment) that affect an aircraft’s value.
LIFE CYCLE COST is part of a family of aircraft operating & acquisition products developed by Conklin & de Decker that provide extensive ownership and operating cost data.
Conklin & de Decker has released the latest version of LIFE CYCLE COST 2013 Volume II.
LIFE CYCLE COST is part of a family of aircraft operating and acquisition data products developed by Conklin & de Decker.
Live demonstrations of the latest LIFE CYCLE COST program will be available at the Heli-Expo convention in Dallas, TX on February 12th – 14th, at booth # 6928.