Montreal, September 9, 2010 – (NYSE: CAE; TSX: CAE) – Honeywell and CAE announced today that their Honeywell-CAE Training Alliance is now offering maintenance training courses for technicians in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, and is also incorporating the expertise of other best-in-class partners. The alliance delivers technical training at the Honeywell Aerospace Academy in Phoenix, Arizona, in CAE training centres worldwide, at selected partner locations, and at customer facilities.
New courses offered in Europe:
* Copenhagen, Denmark – maintenance training for the TPE331 engine at DAO Aviation, Roskilde Airport. DAO is a Honeywell Authorized Major Level Service Provider for the TPE331 series turboprop engine repair and maintenance.
* Le Bourget, France – Honeywell CFE738 line maintenance and TFE731 line maintenance at Dassault Falcon Service (DFS).
* Burgess Hill, UK – training seminars for the FMZ / NZ2000 Flight Management System (FMS) and Honeywell Epic FMS, as well as Understanding Weather Radar, at CAE's Burgess Hill training centre.
New courses offered in the Middle East:
* Dubai, UAE – Honeywell Primus Epic® / Gulfstream Planeview line maintenance and Honeywell Primus Epic / Agusta AW139 line maintenance at Emirates-CAE Flight Training, a joint venture of Emirates and CAE.
New courses offered in Asia:
* Zhuhai, China – Honeywell Primus Epic / Gulfstream Planeview line maintenance courses and TFE731 and 36-150 APU line maintenance courses at the Zhuhai Flight Training Centre, a joint venture of China Southern Airlines and CAE.
* In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Honeywell Primus Epic / Gulfstream Planeview line maintenance courses and TFE731 and 36-150 APU line maintenance courses at the CAE Training Centre, a partnership with AirAsia.
The Honeywell-CAE Training Alliance was formed in 2008 to provide the aerospace industry with the highest-quality training for technicians and flight operations personnel in locations worldwide. Through this alliance, customers receive an innovative, seamless and consistent training experience incorporating the latest training technology and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) technical expertise.
Based in Phoenix, Arizona, Honeywell’s aerospace business is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations.
Honeywell International (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honetwellnow.com.
CAE is a world leader in providing simulation and modelling technologies and integrated training solutions for the civil aviation industry and defence forces around the globe. With annual revenues exceeding C$1.5 billion, CAE employs more than 7,500 people at more than 100 sites and training locations in more than 20 countries. We have the largest installed base of civil and military full-flight simulators and training devices. Through our global network of 29 civil aviation and military training centres, we train more than 75,000 crewmembers yearly. We also offer modelling and simulation software to various market segments and, through CAE’s professional services division, we assist customers with a wide range of simulation-based needs. www.cae.com
It has initiated its first CAE Simfinity(TM)-equipped classroom for maintenance training at the Honeywell Aerospace Academy in Phoenix, Arizona.
NBAA and its Maintenance Committee congratulated 34 recipients of the 2011 Maintenance Technical Reward and Career Scholarship (TRACS) at the 26th Annual Maintenance Management Conference in San...
22 individuals earn scholarships toward aviation maintenance courses.
NBAA and its Maintenance Committee today congratulated 35 recipients of the Association's Maintenance Technical Reward and Career Scholarship (Maintenance TRACS) at NBAA's Maintenance Management...