Atting, Dec. 2010. MT-Propeller Entwicklung GmbH has yet received the EASA STC for the next generation 4-blade scimitar composite propeller MTV-16-1-E-C-F/CFL225-37a on the Piper Model PA-31P with the Engine Lycoming TIGO-541-E series. The installation is certified by EASA STC No. 10032680, The FAA STC is in progress.
This new STC provides improved performance, maximum durability and reliability, suitable for any weather conditions.
The propeller installation:
- Provides best vibration damping characteristics for almost vibration free propeller operation
- Has bonded on stainless steel leading edges for best erosion protection of the blades
- Reduces the weight by approx. 25 lbs compared with the original metal propeller
- Gives more ground clearance for less FODs.
- Provides significant cabin noise and vibration reduction
The high technology natural composite blades have no life limitation and can be repaired even in case of a FOD.
MT-Propeller is the world leading natural composite propeller manufacturer with 30 certified propeller models from 2-blade to 6-blade hydraulically controlled variable pitch propeller, for engines producing up to 5000hp, and 2-blade to 4-blade electrically controlled variable pitch propeller, for engines producing up to 350hp as well as two blade fixed pitch propellers.
The high performance, light weight and durable MT-Propellers can be used on aircraft with piston engines and propeller turbines, as well as on airships, wind tunnels or hovercraft.
MT-Propeller is holder of over 100 STCs worldwide with more than 15.000 propeller systems flying.
For questions regarding the press release please contact WWW.MT-PROPELLER.COM