Notice Number: NOTC2914
Due to the uncertainty surrounding funding for continued federal government operations, including FAA operations, the FAA Safety Team wants you to be aware of the following points.
• If Congress does not provide continued funding for FAA operations, some seminars and events may need to be cancelled.
• Most seminars and events will be presented as scheduled.
• We do not, at this time, know the extent of any potential federal government shut down.
• The only means at our disposal to provide you with cancellation information is on www.FAASafety.gov.
• Cancelled events will still be listed on FAASafety.gov but will be “grayed out” and “lined out” to indicate they have been cancelled.
• Given the rules of the shut down that we must follow, we may not be able to provide timely notice of seminar and event cancellations.
• Please note that the web site will be up and running during this time and the many online courses, online resources and other features will be available.
We appreciate your understanding of the difficulties we face at this time. Please check back often at FAASafety.gov to confirm the status of any particular seminar or event.
National FAASTeam Manager
Beginning June 1, you have to find out about and register for FAA safety seminars online.
Phil Randall of the FAASafety Team presented this Letter of Understanding to AMTSociety Executive Director Tom Hendershot during the Aircraft Maintenance Summit held during Aviation Industry Expo...
The FAA Safety Team sponsors an annual Aviation Safety Standdown for pilots and mechanics in April of every year.
They have partnered to offer an online tire maintenance course The Impact of Tire Maintenance on Aircraft Safety. The course is available for free at FAASafety.gov.