Likely the largest gathering of Zenith aircraft owners and builders ever assembled will convene on Oshkosh at AirVenture 2011 to celebrate the man who created them. Over the years, Chris Heintz has introduced more than a dozen successful kit aircraft designs, including the STOL CH 701, Zodiac CH 601, CH 650 LS and LSi, STOL CH 801, Zodiac XL, STOL CH 750 light-sport utility kit airplane, and CH 2000.
"Zeniths to Oshkosh" is a grassroots effort created through various Internet groups involving owners and enthusiasts from around the world. Attendees are coming from as far away as Australia and New Zealand. Fifty aircraft parking spaces have been reserved in the Homebuilts area, and they're expected to be filled early.
Monday will be designated Chris Heintz Day and will include a special recognition event on ConocoPhillips Plaza with examples of Heintz-designed aircraft followed by showcase flights. Other events during the week will include forum presentations on the various Zenith models, an address by Chris Heintz at the Homebuilders Hangar, and a banquet. Following is a summary of the "Zeniths to Oshkosh" events planned this week:
* Mon 7/25: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Special Presentation at ConocoPhillips Plaza with Chris Heintz and Tom Poberezny.
* Mon 7/25: 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM - Chris Heintz Design History: 40 years of light aircraft designs (Forum Pavilion 07 Mainstage).
* Mon 7/25: 4:00 PM - Chris Heintz will appear at the “Autograph Corner” located at the EAA “Wearhouse” near the control tower.
* Tue 7/26: 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM: Designing and Building a Modern Light Aircraft, by Chris Heintz (in the Homebuilders Hangar).
* Wed 7/27: 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM: Light Sport STOL Aircraft (Forum Pavilion 09).
* Wed 7/27: 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM: Zenair Floats for Light Aircraft (Forum Pavilion 03).
* Wed 7/27: 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM: Honorary Banquet for Chris Heintz (EAA Nature Center, RSVP at Zenith aircraft booth).
* Fri 7/29: 8:30 AM - Chris Heintz will appear at the “Autograph Corner” located at the EAA “Wearhouse” near the control tower.
* Fri 7/29: 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM: CH 650 Aircraft (Forum Pavilion 11).
* Fri 7/29: 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM: Sheet Metal Construction (Forum Pavilion 04).
For more information, call 920-237-1450.
ConocoPhillips, an integrated energy company with interests around the world., has reached a multi-year agreement to be the presenting sponsor of AirVenture’s “West Ramp” marquee attraction...
The X2 and Project Firefly will be on display during AirVenture at Sikorsky’s exhibit, located at booths 379-380 and 385-386 near ConocoPhillips Plaza.