New York, New York, 17 December, 2013 – Air Transport World has called it “The first and only comprehensive survey of commercial aircraft design from the ’70s to the new Millennium.” In 2013, JETLINER CABINS is still the only book of its kind, carefully detailing the fundamentals of aircraft interiors and related programmes. JETLINER CABINS, published in Hard Cover in 2003 and in Paperback in 2006, identified trend-setting airlines and suppliers, while tracking and illustrating the progression of interior programmes (from carpets to bulkheads and everything in-between) during the course of modern commercial aviation history.
One decade later (and just in time to celebrate the 110th anniversary of the Wright Brothers’ first flight at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina) JETLINER CABINS: Evolution & Innovation is well into development as a digital re-invention of Jennifer’s classic book. In just a few short months, industry insiders and aviation enthusiasts alike will be able to experience the book as they never have before, interactively and on their iOS and Android-based mobile devices.
With four major sections covering: Product Branding, Passenger Experience, Cabin Maintenance and Marketing Challenge, the JETLINER CABINS: Evolution & Innovation E-Book App features a sleek and modern design, updated original content, approximately 30 per cent all-new material and 2,000 additional all-colour pictures, ranging from vintage to state-of-the-art.
JETLINER CABINS: Evolution & Innovation E-Book App - features at a glance
- Sleek design and intuitive navigation for tablets and smartphones
- Hyperlinks for direct access to the websites of more than 200 companies and organizations mentioned in the work
- Click points to visit extensive new Picture Galleries including: the main classes of travel (First, Business and Economy), Airline Timetables & Configurations, Amenity Kits, Bag- Tags, Cabin Lighting, Menu Cards and many more
- Embedded search function, a full index, a hyperlinked contents page and quick-click cross-references
- Overall text coverage significantly increased within the core 16 Chapters, plus supplemental content to be hosted at the new JetlinerCabins.com (also coming soon)
- Eye on the future! A comprehensive new Chapter which divulges fascinating information about “green” innovations that are shaping the cabins of tomorrow
- Oh, the glory days! Jennifer’s Concorde presentation has been expanded, and there are new Case Studies analyzing cabin programmes implemented by Braniff and Pan Am
- Feature-length Guest Essays cover Buy on Board Programmes and Inflight Entertainment Systems
- Comments from 50 Specialists
On the forthcoming release of the E-Book App, Jennifer commented: “I am delighted to see the E-Book development of JETLINER CABINS: Evolution & Innovation. From the reviews of the two earlier Editions it was clear that the material was of interest not just to aviation enthusiasts but also to a much wider readership. Thanks to advances in digital publishing, we can now navigate the content according to personal preference. I hope that Readers will enjoy visiting the hundreds of aircraft-interior scenarios that are portrayed in this new Edition.”
The updated jetlinercabins.com website and E-Book App are scheduled for release in February 2014.