CHICAGO, November 8, 2013 -- The Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) is pleased to announce again this year that conference attendees can earn continuing education credits essential to maintaining their professional accreditations at this year's 2013 Airports Going Green conference in Chicago.
Through the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI), LEED professionals can earn and self-report up to seven continuing education (CE) hours by attending several informative sessions at Airports Going Green. The Airports Going Green Conference provides an exceptional way to participate in the industry's leading sustainability forum while satisfying your LEED Accreditation requirements. Although GBCI has simplified the reporting process, attending Airports Going Green sessions provides an easy way to achieve these credits! A list of qualifying sessions is included below. For more information on how to self-report Credential Maintenance Program (CMP) activities please visit the CMP guide at www.usgbc.org/resources/cmp-guide.
Additionally, the American Institute of Architects (AIA) will also offer seven hours of CE credits under the Health, Safety, and Welfare and Sustainable Design categories. Attend the sessions listed below to receive your CE credit opportunity. For AIA members, please stop by the continuing education table to sign-in with your AIA membership number to receive credit for attending the sessions.
The following sessions at Airports Going Green can be used for continuing education credits for LEED and AIA professionals (note: two of the sessions run concurrently):
- Sustainability on the World Stage (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU) Tuesday 10:00 a.m. to noon
- FAA Sustainability Guidance & Initiatives (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU) Tuesday 1:45 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- State of the Art Responses to Climate Change Resilience (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU) Tuesday 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Envisioning a Sustainable Future for Airports: A Strategic Framework for the Path Forward (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU) Wednesday 8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Airport Business Partnerships (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU) - Concurrent Session, Wednesday 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Measuring Success: Tools for Evaluating Outcomes of Sustainability Programs (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU) - Concurrent Session, Wednesday 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Sustainable Water Management (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU) Wednesday 3:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Doing It Right This Time (DIRTT) - Green Learning Center (1.0 GBCI CE; 1.0 AIA CEU) Tuesday 7:15 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Attend this conference special event that showcases the latest in sustainability innovations.