Miguel Angel Iniguez pleaded not guilty Tuesday to one felony count of possession of a destructive device near an airplane.
Oct. 22--The second suspect charged in the case of a series of dry-ice bombs left at Los Angeles International Airport pleaded not guilty Tuesday to a felony charge of possessing a destructive device near an airplane.
Miguel Angel Iniguez, 41, of Inglewood was due back in court Wednesday for a bail hearing along with Dicarlo Bennett, the 28-year-old Paramount man also charged in the case. Authorities said the two worked for Servisair -- which provides ground services to the airport -- and Iniguez was Bennett's supervisor.
Authorities allege that Bennett placed two dry-ice bombs in employee-only areas at the airport Oct. 13. One exploded in a Terminal 2 restroom, the other was found intact outside the Tom Bradley International Terminal.
Prosecutors allege that Iniguez made a third dry-ice device that detonated outside the international terminal.
No injuries were reported in any of the incidents, though the devices drew the LAPD's bomb squad to the airport two days in a row and prompted increased security.
Bennett was arrested Oct. 15. LAPD Deputy Chief Michael Downing said there was no link to terrorism in the acts, instead calling Bennett a "prankster" who "thought it was funny." Bennett pleaded not guilty last week to two counts of possession of a destructive device in a public place.
Iniguez was taken into custody Friday while working at LAX.
The investigation into the incidents is ongoing, authorities said.
Copyright 2013 - Los Angeles Times