Gov. Neil Abercrombie, D-Hawaii, issued the following news release:
Gov. Neil Abercrombie today announced the release of $113 million for various capital improvement projects (CIP) at airports and harbors throughout the State of Hawaii.
"These important projects will improve the airport experience across the state - from Hilo to Lihue - as well as the efficiency and capacity at our harbors," Gov. Abercrombie said. "Funding for many of the Honolulu Harbor improvements are part of a larger New Day Work Project that will increase harbor shipping capacity."
Allotment of funds for the following priority projects, identified by members of the state Legislature, has been approved by the Governor:
* $50,000,000 - Kahului Airport, Maui - Construction for a multi-lane access road from Hana Highway to the Airport Loop Road; this segment of the Kahului Airport Access Road will connect with the state Highway Division's segment starting on Hana Highway
* $9,800,000 - Kona International Airport at Keahole, Hawaii Island - Construction for the re-roofing of the terminal building
* $3,000,000 - Kahului Airport, Maui - Phase I construction for restroom renovations, including the addition of restroom air conditioning
* $590,000 - Kona International Airport at Keahole, Hawaii Island - Construction for security improvements at security checkpoints and the Airport Operations Area fence
* $400,000 - Honolulu International Airport, Oahu - Additional funds to complete the installation of a security access control system and video monitoring equipment; the additional construction funds are to address unforeseen site conditions relating to the existing electrical conduits and fiber optic cable backbone
* $378,000 - Pavement Management System, Phase 1, statewide - Evaluation of the pavement conditions at Honolulu International and Kahului Airports to produce program reports to fulfill Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements, plan future projects, and determine which areas need repairs or reconstruction
* $198,716 - Molokai Airport, Molokai - Construction of a new box culvert to replace the existing trapezoidal ditch adjacent to the taxiway; this will bring the taxiway safety area into compliance with current FAA regulations
* $160,000 - Car rental facilities, statewide - Additional plans to provide preparation of studies, project definition reports, surveys, appraisals, and conceptual plans for program management of car rental facilities at Honolulu International Airport, Kahului Airport, Lihue Airport, and Kona International Airport at Keahole
* $152,000 - Pavement Management System, Phase 2, statewide - Evaluation of the pavement conditions at Kona International, Hilo International, and Lihue Airports to produce program reports to fulfill FAA requirements, plan future projects, and determine which areas need repairs or reconstruction
* $10,000,000 - Honolulu Harbor, Oahu - Construction of new mooring structures and upgrades to existing utilities and infrastructure at Piers 12 and 15 to accommodate the relocation of the Clean Island Council and Marine Spill Response Corporation vessels from Pier 35
* $9,500,000 - Honolulu Harbor, Oahu - Construction of site improvements including utilities, pavement, and a new box culvert to support the relocation of the UH Marine Center from the Kapalama Military Reservation
* $8,500,000 - Honolulu Harbor, Oahu - Construction for renovation of the existing building and related utilities at Pier 35 to accommodate the relocation of the University of Hawaii School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology (UH SOEST) from the proposed new Kapalama Container Terminal project site
* $7,500,000 - Honolulu Harbor, Oahu - Design for the new Kapalama Container Terminal project to support expanding maritime activities in the harbor, as part of the Harbors New Day Work Project; the design funds will be used for Phase 2 of the project to prepare plans, designs, specifications, and cost estimates to construct a new container yard, roadways and gates, buildings, security fencing, utility infrastructure improvements, and related activities
HONOLULU , March 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc., (Nasdaq: MESA) today announced it has concluded a code share agreement with Hawaii Island Air Inc. (dba Island Air). Effective...
Aloha announces giveaway of 2,000 free one-way tickets one day after new interisland airline go announced $19 tickets.
US Bureau of Transportation statistics show that, so far this year, 19 out of 20 flights leave the gate within 15 minutes of the schedule at Honolulu International Airport.
All Go! aircraft will operate from the commuter terminal at the Honolulu International Airport.