Columbus, Ohio (May 1, 2012) – Mac Tools recently announced enhancements to the TaskConnect (ET1505ANX) part of the Task Family scan tools. The addition of OBD II, CAN, ABS & Airbag Scan Tool to this product will allow technicians to troubleshoot repair issues with greater speed and accuracy.
“The upgrades to our Task Family of tools supports Mac Tools’ mission of increasing professional technician’s productivity,” said Paul Zarlengo, Mac Tools product manager for diagnostics. “Our diagnostic products offer real-time, accurate troubleshooting solutions to get every job done faster and more efficiently.”
This premium scan tool not only displays the code, but also reports on “Top Reported Fixes”- offering technicians the ability to prioritize troubleshooting efforts specific to a vehicle’s make, model, year and engine. TaskConnect is powered by MacConnect™, an online database available only from Mac Tools that now offers more than 4.3 million code solutions options. New features available on this tool include:
- Airbag code read/erase coverage for most 1996 – 2010 GM, Ford & Chrysler vehicles and 1996 – 2009 Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Hyundai vehicles
- AutoID™ to automatically display a vehicle’s year, make, model and engine on most models 2000 or newer
- Expanded availability of vehicle data points (PID’s), up to 300
- Display of long PID name (example: CTS- Coolant Temperature Sensor)
- Dual PID graphing to allow technician to graph two data points simultaneously for comparison
The TaskConnect model will be available from distributors and franchisees beginning in May 2012.
About Mac Tools
Mac Tools is a leader in professional automotive and industrial tools and solutions. From hand tools, tool boxes and specialty items; to a full range of power tools, electronics and shop equipment, Mac Tools offers the solutions that meet professional’s ever changing needs to get the job done. The strong sales force of Mac Tools Distributors and the same entrepreneurial business model that drives us today has powered Mac Tools since 1938. Mac Tools has been a part of Stanley Black & Decker since 1980. For more information, please visit www.mactools.com.