On Thursday, April 26, 2012, International Trade Administration’s U.S. Commercial Service will host a webinar for U.S. companies on opportunities in Turkey’s aerospace market. The one-hour webinar will enable participants to learn about the country’s business climate and its $16 billion aerospace and defense industries, including the following:
- Turkey as a hub for markets in Europe, Russia, the Caucasus, and the Middle East—offering it unrivaled advantages in airline, MRO, cargo and air taxi services in the region. Over the last decade, Turkey has seen a 153% increase in domestic and international passenger travel.
- The construction of new Turkish airports and the expansion of the existing ones—requiring equipment and know-how ranging from runway and landing lighting to communications, automated landing systems, and more.
- Increased opportunities for U.S. small- and medium- sized enterprises within a Turkish partnership framework to enable the modernization of the Turkish Armed Forces.
The webinar is accessible through personal computer and will take place at 11:00am EST/10:00am CST/8am PST. Registration fee is $35. Registration link: https://emenuapps.ita.doc.gov/ePublic/newWebinarRegistration.jsp?SmartCode=2Q5S
U.S. Aerospace and Defense Trade Mission to Turkey
The U.S. Department of Commerce is recruiting U.S. companies for an executive-led U.S. Aerospace and Defense Trade Mission to Turkey, December 3-7, 2012. U.S. companies on the mission will benefit from the following:
- Pre-travel briefings/webinar on subjects ranging from business practices in Turkey to security
- U.S. Embassy Country Team Briefing led by the Ambassador (TBC)
- Pre-scheduled matchmaking meetings with potential buyers, partners, distributors, and local industry contacts
- Transportation to/from the hotel to meetings for the duration of the mission
- Meetings with U.S. and Turkish government officials, industry networking lunches and receptions, and more
For more on the trade mission, contact Mark Cooper at Mark.Cooper@trade.gov or Amy Magat at Amy.Magat@trade.gov. The full trade mission description is available on the following link: http://export.gov/california/losangelesdowntown/events/turkey/eg_us_ca_043350.asp.