EVERETT, Wash., Feb. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) will conduct the fourth segment of the 787 Dream Tour beginning March 1. Stops will include visits to cities in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
In addition, the Dream Tour airplane, ZA003, will be featured at the FIDAE Air Show in Santiago, Chile, in late March to kick off the fifth segment of the tour.
"During the first three segments of the tour, we've had almost 25,000 visitors come through the airplane," said Scott Fancher, vice president and general manager, 787 program. "Our customers, partners, employees and the finance and leasing communities have all expressed their delight with the airplane."
The March schedule includes the following stops:
- March 1-4: Toronto, Canada, to visit Air Canada and local suppliers.
- March 4: Boston, MA, in support of Japan Airlines, which has announced that it will offer 787 service on the Tokyo-Boston route.
- March 5-7: Newark, NJ, to visit United Airlines and its local stakeholders.
- March 8-9: Mexico City, Mexico, to visit AeroMexico.
- March 10-12: Phoenix, AZ, to visit Honeywell, other suppliers and Boeing employees.
- March 13: San Diego, CA, to visit Goodrich and other suppliers.
- March 14-15: Long Beach, CA, to visit leasing companies, Boeing employees and suppliers.
- March 15-17: Salt Lake City, Utah, to visit Boeing employees and suppliers.
The Dream Tour airplane is outfitted with the 787's special cabin features, including a welcoming entryway, dramatically larger dimmable windows, bigger bins and dynamic LED lighting. The airplane is configured with a luxurious business-class cabin, an overhead crew rest compartment and an economy class section.
Dates and locations for additional tour stops will be announced approximately one month in advance. At many of the stops, local media will have the opportunity to participate in tours of the airplane and discussions with Boeing executives and pilots.
For updates on the 787 Dream Tour, including videos, photos and reports from the tour stops, visit http://newlink.activehosted.com/lt.php?c=290&m=299&nl=3&s=d74da187783b7c58fc29bd44f4e11f09&lid=1139&l=-http--www.newairplane.com/787/dreamtour.
Joint school in Oklahoma Southeastern Oklahoma State University and Rose State College have opened a joint aviation program at the Rose State campus in Midwest City. The Tom Steed Community...
Air Canada will provide three cabins of service on board its Boeing 787 Dreamliners highlighted by a brand new contemporary decor and comfortable ergonomic seating that features 180-degree lie-flat...
Air Canada's 2014 summer schedule includes new destinations: Milan, Lisbon, Nice and Manchester from both Toronto and Montreal.
The airplane bears a special livery.