Aspen Avionics, manufacturer of the innovative Evolution Flight Display system, announced today that the Evolution Primary Flight Display (PFD) system will be made available as a factory option on the Robinson R22, R44, and R66 series helicopters. The option is currently being evaluated and is expected to be available in late 2012.
Aspen’s Evolution Flight Displays offer a compact, lightweight, all solid-state digital replacement for legacy mechanical flight instruments. The Evolution is a full-featured glass panel display that is designed to meet the rigors of helicopter operations.
“The helicopter market is already realizing the safety-enhancing benefits of Aspen’s glass panel technology,” says Brad Hayden, Aspen’s Vice President of Marketing. “The Robinson platform will be a great helicopter to showcase our reliable and versatile avionics solution.”
Standard features of the Evolution PFD system for helicopters include:
- Solid-state AHRS technology
- Built-in 30 minute backup battery
- Built-in emergency GPS
- Digital HSI with moving map, GPS flight plan overlay, ARC and 360 viewing modes
- Easy to read Airspeed and Altitude tapes
- Integration with primary navigation system, ADF, DME, VOR, and autopilot
See Aspen at http://aspenavionics.com/helicopter.