In May, the Department received 11 complaints alleging discrimination by airlines due to factors other than disability -such as race, religion, national origin or sex - identical to the total received in May 2004 but more than double the total of five received in April 2005.
Consumers may file their complaints in writing with the Aviation Consumer Protection Division, U.S. Department of Transportation, C-75, Room 4107, 400 7th St. SW, Washington, DC 20590; by e-mail at airconsumerdot.gov; by voice mail at (202) 366-2220 or by TTY at (202) 366-0511.
Consumers who want on-time performance data for specific flights should call their airline ticket offices or their travel agents. This information is available on the computerized reservation systems used by these agents.
The Air Travel Consumer Report can be found on DOT's World Wide Web site at http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov. It is available in pdf and Microsoft Word format.
AIR TRAVEL CONSUMER REPORT
KEY ON-TIME PERFORMANCE AND FLIGHT CANCELLATION STATISTICS
Based on Data Filed with the Bureau of Transportation Statistics by the 20 Reporting Carriers:
Highest On-Time Arrival Rates
1. Hawaiian Airlines - 95.9 percent
2. ATA Airlines - 89.6 percent
3. Comair - 88.3 percent
Lowest On-Time Arrival Rates
1. Alaska Airlines - 59.0 percent
2. Independence Air - 78.7 percent
3. Atlantic Southeast Airlines - 79.0 percent
Most Frequently Delayed Flights
1. AirTran Airways flight 41 from Atlanta to Los Angeles - late 100 percent of the time
2. Independence Air flight 805 from Los Angeles to Washington Dulles - late 88.89 percent of the time
3. Alaska Airlines flight 519 from Los Angeles to Seattle - late 87.10 percent of the time
4. ExpressJet Airlines flight 2165 from Newark, NJ to Manchester, NH- late 85.71 percent of the time
5. Southwest Airlines flight 1660 from Las Vegas to Phoenix - late 81.48 percent of the time
Highest Rates of Canceled Flights
1. Atlantic Southeast Airlines - 2.8 percent
2. American Eagle Airlines - 2.4 percent
3. Alaska Airlines - 2.4 percent
Lowest Rates of Canceled Flights
1. JetBlue Airways - 0.0 percent
2. Hawaiian Airlines - 0.1 percent
3. Frontier Airlines - 0.2 percent
The nation's largest airlines experienced improved on-time performance in April 2005 compared to both the previous month and April of last year.
The 20 carriers reporting on-time performance recorded an overall on-time arrival rate of 80.0 percent in November.
Consumer complaints about airline service and reports of mishandled baggage increased.
Airlines on-time performance in march better than february but slips from previous year. The nations largest airlines recorded a rate of on-time flights this past March that was higher than...