• Wage cuts of 26 percent.
• Work rule changes that give the company more control of schedules and job assignments.
• No layoff protection.
• About 580 replacement mechanics will remain at Northwest.
• Employees retain seniority rights for five years.
• Replacement workers are not required to join the union.
• Four weeks of severance for laid-off workers.
Source: Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association
Union leaders said late Friday that they would let striking Northwest Airlines mechanics vote on the carrier's latest offer, which would save the jobs of only a fraction of those who walked out nearly...
Striking Northwest Airlines custodians and cleaners in Minnesota are entitled to unemployment pay after a judge ruled Friday that wage cuts imposed by the airline were so severe it forced them...
Striking mechanics at bankrupt Northwest Airlines Corp. will begin voting Friday on what the head of their union called "the worst contract in the history of airline labor."