* GM chief Rick Wagoner was hit with a nearly 50 percent pay cut in 2005 and volunteered for a 50 percent cut in his $2.2 million salary in 2006.
* Gerard Arpey, chairman and CEO of American Airlines, turned down a 22 percent raise in 2004 as the airline struggled.
* Google CEO Eric Schmidt and co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page took $1 salaries for the past three years and annual bonuses of less than $2,000 each. All three have huge stock holdings that have made them wealthy.
* Delphi Corp. Chairman Steve Miller reduced his $1.5 million salary to $1 after the auto parts company filed for bankruptcy protection.
* Ex-PepsiCo boss Roger Enrico slashed his $900,000 salary to $1 in 1998, 1999 and 2000 so the money could be used for scholarships for employees' kids. Now chairman of Dreamworks Animation, both Enrico and CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg are paid a $1 annual salary with no bonus. They have millions of dollars worth of restricted stock, which typically requires executives to stay for certain periods.
* Yahoo chief Terry Semel recently went to a salary of $1. He also was given millions worth of stock options.
* Apple chief Steve Jobs, who has a significant stake in the company's stock, receives a $1 salary and no bonus. In 2003 he gave up his stock options and received restricted shares, valued at $532 million at the time.
Sources: Company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission; news reports
The pamphlet was short on specifics, but it said employees will also receive cash lump sums, profit-sharing and company contributions to a new retirement savings plan.
IN the 30 years since the the government deregulated the airline industry, only two major carriers, American and Southwest, have avoided bankruptcy. Some, such as Houston's own Continental, US...
Workers who took pay cuts during industry's slump are furious about rewards for executives.
Based on the figures provided by Delta, the average total lump sum and equity payout for non-contract employees would be $12,000, while the average equity payout for managers would be $200,000.