LONDON -- Aviation Industry Group, part of UBM Aviation, has unveiled the short list for the inaugural AIG Awards and has announced that the final voting is officially underway. Suppliers and customers of maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) and related services in the commercial aviation aftermarket can vote online at www.aviationindustryawards.com for the companies they consider have excelled in the past year. Voting is open until April 10.
A total of 24 different companies have been short listed, with three companies in each of 12 separate categories, ranging from Best Technological Innovation in MRO to Best Spare Parts Distributor or Stockist. Leading the field in terms of multiple nominations is Lufthansa Technic which is short listed in six categories, followed by Air France Industries/KLM Engineering & Maintenance and SR Technics which are nominated in three categories, closely followed by GE Aviation, Boeing, and Oakenhurst Aircraft Services with two category nominations apiece.
Paul Copping, Managing Director Aviation Industry Group, said, "We are very pleased with the response so far to these new awards. We received nearly 1,000 nominations before the submission close date, reflecting the highly competitive nature of the commercial aviation aftermarket. While voting is open to anyone involved in the MRO supply chain and related services, we are particularly keen to garner the views from buyers."
The winners of the Aviation Industry Group Awards, which are sponsored by Engine Lease Finance Corp., will be announced on Tuesday, May 5, at an awards ceremony at the Royal Garden Hotel in London. This is being held in conjunction with the welcome reception for Aviation Industry Group's flagship event, the Airline Purchasing & Aircraft Maintenance Outsourcing EXPO. For more information visit http://www.airlinepurchasingexpo.com.
The complete list of nominations follows:
- Best AOG Response: Boeing, Infinity Air, Oakenhurst Aircraft Services
- Best Engine MRO: GE Aviation, Lufthansa Technik, MTU Maintenance
- Best Independent MRO: ADAT, Sabena Technics, SR Technics
- Best Airline Third-Party MRO: AFI / KLM E&M, Egyptair Maintenance & Engineering, Lufthansa Technik
- Best Logistics Provider: DHL, Federal Express, Sterling Courier
- Best Component MRO: Lufthansa Technik, Med Craft, Oakenhurst Aircraft Services
- Best Heavy Maintenance provider: AFI / KLM E&M, Lufthansa Technik, SR Technics
- Best Technological Innovation in MRO: Heico, Lufthansa Technik, Rolls Royce
- Best OEM for After Market Customer Support: Boeing, GE Aviation, Honeywell
- Best Airline Engineering & Maintenance Division: British Airways, Delta, Lufthansa
- Best Spare Parts Distributor or Stockist: A J Walter, Aviall, Kellstrom
- Best All Round MRO Service Provider: AFI/KLM E&M, Lufthansa Technik, SR Technics