BOSTON, May 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU), the #1 airline in Boston, this week kicks off a summer-long expansion at Logan International Airport with added service to more than a dozen cities and a 30% increase in daily departures. Customer-friendly JetBlue plans to operate an average of 75 departures per day from Logan this summer, further solidifying JetBlue as the carrier of choice in New England.
To celebrate its growth, JetBlue is offering triple TrueBlue Points -- that's up to 9 points per dollar spent -- for customers on all nonstop flights to/from Boston between May 2 and June 30 (a). Customers must register for this promotion online at jetblue.com/triple in order to qualify.
JetBlue also has more flights and destinations on tap for winter: new daily nonstop service to Sarasota Bradenton, Florida, is set to begin November 18, 2010. With the addition of seasonal flights to Sarasota Bradenton International Airport (SRQ), JetBlue will offer Boston travelers 37 nonstop destinations, more than any other airline. Introductory fares start at just $69(b) one-way on this new route. Convenient connecting service to/from Sarasota Bradenton is available all year-round via JetBlue's acclaimed Terminal Five at New York's JFK Airport.
JetBlue's schedule between Boston and Sarasota Bradenton:
Key summer schedule highlights:
* Two additional daily flights to Chicago/O'Hare (for a total of three)
* Two additional daily flights to Charlotte (for a total of four)
* Two additional daily flights to Raleigh/Durham (for a total of three)
* One additional daily flight to Fort Lauderdale (for a total of four)
* One additional daily flight to Pittsburgh (for a total of three)
* One additional daily flight to San Diego (for a total of two)
* One additional daily flight to Washington/Dulles (for a total of seven)
* One new daily flight to San Jose, California (for a total of one)
* Four additional weekly flights to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (for a total of one daily)
* Three additional weekly flights to Aruba (for a total for four)
* Two additional weekly flights to Cancun, Mexico (for a total of three)
* Two new weekly flights to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (for a total of two)
* One additional weekly flight to San Juan, Puerto Rico (for a total of 11)
In addition to these new flights that roll out in May and June, JetBlue earlier this year added more daily service from Boston to Denver, Orlando, Tampa, and San Francisco. Come November, JetBlue will further grow in Boston as it adds a robust schedule of service to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. JetBlue's seven daily roundtrips will make same-day travel between Boston and the Capital easier and more comfortable than ever and will be a key part of the carrier's schedule of 18 daily flights to the Baltimore-Washington area.
JetBlue offers Customers a host of premium amenities including a free first-checked bag, the most legroom in coach of any U.S. airline (c), 36 channels of complimentary DIRECTV® (d), more than 100 channels of XM Satellite Radio®, and unlimited free snacks and drinks. For a small fee, customers can upgrade to one of JetBlue's super-spacious Even More Legroom seats, which offer travelers 38 inches of seat pitch.
"Here at JetBlue we are thrilled to be kicking off the 'Summer of Boston' with more flights and more destinations than ever before," said Robin Hayes, JetBlue's Chief Commercial Officer. "Whether you're a road warrior or an occasional jet-setter, you'll find JetBlue's added service comfortable, convenient, and always cost-effective."
"By adding Sarasota Bradenton service, JetBlue cements its position as Boston Logan's biggest airline - carrying the most passengers and offering the most nonstop destinations of any carrier at Logan," said Edward C. Freni, Director of Aviation for the Massachusetts Port Authority, which owns and operates Logan. "We congratulate them on their 37th nonstop destination and look forward to their continued growth."