Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air Launch Winter Fare Sale
'Hot Deals On Ice Are Back' fares start at $25 for travel in December and early 2011
SEATTLE, Nov. 29, 2010
SEATTLE, Nov. 29, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air launched an eight-day sale today featuring low fares to most of the carriers' destinations for travel before and after the holidays. Tickets must be purchased by Dec. 6, 2010, for travel between Dec. 6 and March 10, 2011, for most cities. Winter sale fares to Hawaii are valid between Jan. 5 and March 10, 2011, and to Mexico between Jan. 10 and Feb. 14, 2011. Tickets are available for purchase today at alaskaair.com or horizonair.com.
"With low fares to most of our destinations, our customers will be able to stretch their travel budgets even further," said Joe Sprague, Alaska Airlines' vice president of marketing. "We invite customers to take advantage of these low fares and our great schedules to plan their pre- and post-holiday getaways."
Sample one-way fares:
- Lewiston, Idaho, and Pullman, Wash.
- San Jose and Sacramento, Calif.
- Long Beach, Calif., and Seattle
- Ontario, Calif., and Seattle
- Portland, Ore., and Oakland, Calif.
- Portland and Burbank, Calif.
- Portland and Orange County, Calif.
- Seattle and San Francisco
- Anchorage and Fairbanks, Alaska
- Bozeman, Mont., and Seattle
- Denver and Seattle
- Houston and Seattle
- Palm Springs, Calif., and Seattle
- Portland and San Diego
- Austin, Texas, and Seattle
- Boston and Portland
- Los Angeles and Vancouver, British Columbia
- Los Angeles and Loreto, Mexico
- Newark, N.J., and Seattle
- St. Louis and Seattle
Alaska and Horizon are calling the fare sale "Hot Deals On Ice Are Back," with print ads featuring celebrated speed skater Apolo Ohno. Alaska Airlines sponsored Ohno in his bid for the 2010 Vancouver games and is sponsoring America's most decorated Winter Olympian on his 34-city tour of his new book "Zero Regrets—Be Greater Than Yesterday," released in October.
"We're privileged to be part of Apolo's continued success and proudly support him on his tour through the same West Coast cities Alaska flies to every day with award-winning service," Sprague said.
A complete list of fares is available at alaskaair.com or horizonair.com or by calling 1-800-ALASKAAIR (800-252-7522 or TTY/TDD line 800-392-0228).
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK), together serve more than 90 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Network Carriers" in the J.D. Power and Associates 2008, 2009 and 2010 North America Airline Satisfaction Studies(SM). For reservations, visit alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air Newsroom at alaskaair.com/newsroom.
* General terms and conditions: Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or all days. A ticket purchased at an Alaska Airlines or Horizon Air airport location or through a reservation call center will cost $15 more per person than the advertised fare. Travelers are responsible for the following taxes and fees, as applicable: Airport Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 (amount depends on itinerary), Federal Segment Tax of $3.70 per segment (takeoff and landing), and September 11 Security Fee of $2.50 per enplanement. All fares, taxes and fees are in U.S. dollars. All taxes and fees shown are based on one-way travel and may be doubled if traveling roundtrip. Tickets are nonrefundable. A $20 baggage fee will apply for each of the first three bags. Other restrictions — such as day of week, blackout dates and advance purchase requirements — may apply. See alaskaair.com or horizonair.com or call Alaska Airlines or Horizon Air reservations at 1-800-ALASKAAIR for more information.
Additional fees for Mexico travel: U.S. Immigration User Fee of $7, U.S. Aphis Fee of $5, U.S. International Transportation Tax of $16.10, Mexico International Departure Tax of up to $33 (fluctuates with dollar-peso exchange rate), Mexico Tourism Tax of up to $24 (fluctuates with dollar-peso exchange rate) and Mexico Transportation Tax of 4 percent of the fare (fluctuates with dollar-peso exchange rate). Additional U.S. taxes may apply to itineraries involving a U.S. stopover lasting more than 12 hours.
Additional fees for Canada travel: U.S. Immigration User Fee of $7, U.S. Aphis Fee of $5, Canadian Airport Improvement Fee of up to $22 (varies by airport), Canadian Security Fee of $9 (fluctuates with exchange rate), and Canadian Goods and Services Tax (GST) of less than $3.
SOURCE Alaska Air Group