Jetsetter Brings 360-Degree Photos, Exclusive Trip Planning Tools to App for iPhone and iPod touch
NEW YORK, Aug. 30, 2011
NEW YORK, Aug. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Jetsetter (www.jetsetter.com) today announced their Jetsetter App for iPhone and iPod touch has been updated with amazing new travel tools and features, including immersive, 360-degree images that provide a virtual window into Jetsetter's hand-selected, verified hotels around the world.
"Now travel inspiration and Jetsetter's unique offers can fit into your pocket and be accessed anytime you feel like daydreaming about your next vacation," said Drew Patterson, Jetsetter Founder and CEO. "The Jetsetter App is like an interactive travel magazine, providing editorial content with the Jetsetter point-of-view as well as the ability to tour our selections through Jetsetter's revolutionary 360-degree tours. Unlike a traditional magazine, users can book the vacations that inspire them most at Jetsetter exclusive prices."
The complete list of new features includes:
- 360-Degree Photos: The app provides a virtual window into Jetsetter's hand-selected, verified hotels and resorts around the world via immersive, 360-degree images. Jetsetter's engineering team custom-designed a camera to shoot dozens of high resolution photos which are stitched together to form immersive 360-degree images. The result is a visual feast that enables travelers to experience the feel of a destination without leaving home.
- Gyroscope Feature: Jetsetter utilizes iPhone and iPod touch's gyroscope to map the orientation of the device to Jetsetter's 360-degree photos. When gyroscope feature is enabled, the iPhone or iPod touch becomes a window into a destination by allowing users to pan around the images on multiple planes.
- Travel tools: Jetsetter has developed a suite of travel tools to assist members before and during their vacation.
- Get directions to any location: The app will translate directions in the native language so users can recruit a local to point them in the right direction of their hotel, the airport, nearby hospital or bathroom. Translations are currently available in Spanish, German, Chinese, French, Italian, Greek, and Thai.
- Offline mode: No longer within a WiFi or cellular network? No problem! All of Jetsetter's travel tools are available offline. Access destination maps, Jetsetter itinerary, and Jetsetter member support number in offline mode.
- New Design Optimized For Mobile Use: Several new design elements make searching, reading, and daydreaming on the Jetsetter App even easier. Enhancements include:
- Jetsetter's photo editors spent hundreds of hours cropping photos, so every image fills a device's display, allowing users to easily view immersive photos in portrait and landscape.
- Mobile enhanced browsing enables faster searches. Users can now flip through vacation pages without returning to a results page or homepage. Sorting by price category added for value-conscious travelers.
- Curated vacation collections featuring top picks from Jetsetter's editors is a prominent feature. Collections are designed to inspire vacation ideas and cover a variety of vacation themes, such as Six Easy Weekend Getaways, A Toast to Summer Sunsets, and Kelly Slater's Favorite Surf Destinations.
- Peruse Jetsetter 24/7 Hotels: iPhone and iPod touch users can now search and book the more than 500 hand-selected, verified hotels and resorts available 365 days per year at Jetsetter exclusive prices.
- Enhanced Search And Filtering: Find the perfect vacation using new search and filter tools. Tool searches vacations on sale in flash and those in Jetsetter 24/7.
- Share With Friends: Effortlessly share content and plan a trip with friends and family through Facebook, Twitter, and email.
- Save Favorites: Keep a personal list of favorite trips and destinations.
The Jetsetter App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jetsetter/id416813139?mt=8.
Jetsetter.com is the leading members-only website that helps travelers discover and purchase the world's best vacations. Each vacation featured on the site has been hand-selected by a team of curators and personally verified by a Jetsetter correspondent to assure that all Jetsetter trips meet the expectations of discerning members. Jetsetters can browse offerings on sale in flash at prices up to 50 percent off; or peruse Jetsetter 24/7, a collection of more than 500 hotels and resorts available 365 days a year at Jetsetter exclusive prices. Jetsetter correspondents are available for private consultations through the Personal Travel Planning Service. Jetsetter apps are available for the iPhone and iPad. For more information, visit www.Jetsetter.com.
For more information about Jetsetter's mobile strategy or to interview Founder & CEO Drew Patterson, contact:
Director of PR, Jetsetter
A look at cabin management systems
App allows users to search, book, and sign for a charter from an iPhone or iPad anytime, anywhere
FORT WORTH, Texas, July 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mobile phones have evolved into hand-held personal assistants, concierges and bookkeepers for people on the go. Today American Airlines adds...