Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Dow Corning Corporation, Midland MI
Open Until Filled
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician reports to the Aviation Director. This position is accountable for ensuring that all aircraft are maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements and that all maintenance performed is accomplished in accordance with approved methods and practices.
Works within Dow Corning Aviation to maintain a culture of safety with efficient procedures that support customer service.
- Assist the Aircraft Maintenance Specialist as directed.
- Perform inspections, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and replacement of parts on the aircraft.
- Coordination of shipping and receiving (familiar with shipment of hazardous materials).
- Ensure compliance with all MSDS handling requirements.
- Ensure that all work is completed in accordance with manufacturer specifications, FAA regulations, and Dow Corning Aviation policies.
- Ensure that all test equipment is calibrated and maintained within required specifications.
- Supervise maintenance events scheduled at remote facilities as assigned by the Aircraft Maintenance Manager.
- Complete all pre-flight and post-flight activities in accordance with the flight schedule.
Perform Flight Technician duties on company trips as assigned.
- Ensure all maintenance discrepancies are addressed per the Minimum Equipment List requirements.
- Work cooperatively with the pilots for the exchange of information regarding aircraft system performance.
- Assist in the dispatch and retrieval of all trips as assigned by the Aircraft Maintenance Manager
- Participate in all training events as assigned by the Aircraft Technician Training Coordinator.
- Primary back up for the Aircraft Maintenance Manager when required.
- Consistently apply self-study practices to remain knowledgeable and proficient in areas of responsibility.
Education and Experience:
Education: Associate Degree (minimum)
Licenses: FAA Airframe and Power plant, FAA Inspection Authorization
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience on business jet aircraft, factory trained and qualified on company operated aircraft
Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, strong organization skills, be able to multi-task, exceptional customer service skills, excellent interpersonal skills, punctual, exercise discreet awareness and high level of confidentiality. comfortable with Office Equipment (Multifunction units, fax, copier, scanner, network), This position requires a highly motivated individual with excellent organization and communication skills. Demonstrates flexibility in ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously. Must be able to work and demonstrate initiative. Flexibility to handle competing demands for service and appropriate prioritization. Must be able to handle sensitive levels of information and maintain related confidences.
The individual in this environment often works at a fast pace with minimum to moderate supervision. The requirements of the business may cause frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
Must be able to:
- Complete multiple tasks and see them through completion.
- Work independently, with excellent time management and judgment in prioritization skills.
- React rapidly to evolving issues and dynamic scheduling situations with utmost discretion.
- Collaborate effectively in team, department, or other work group situations.
- Travel domestically / internationally as required
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Relocation assistance will be provided for the qualified candidate.