City of Santa Fe is Seeking an Airport Manager, Santa Fe NM
Open Until Filled
Recruitment Announcement # 2013-088
PERIOD TO APPLY:12/28/12 – 01/28/13 (NO LATER THAN 5:00 P.M.)
POSITION STATUS: CLASSIFIED/FULL-TIME
SUPERVISOR: Transportation Department Director LOCATION: Airport
The Airport Manager directs the daily operations of the airport in compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regulations, City ofSanta Fe Rulesand Regulations and Ordinances, etc.
Works under the general guidance and direction of the Transportation Department Director or assigned supervisor.
Provides close to general supervision to assigned staff.
NATURE OF WORK
Essential Functions: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of all airfield facilities to include pavement and terminal building and infrastructure in accordance with common practices and Federal Aviation Administration regulations.
- Directs work activities of airport employees, establishes standards of performance, develops procedures, and provides training.
- Responsible for coordinating all security for airport. Is designated Airport Security Coordinator.
- Develops and negotiates leases; manages revenue; prepares city ordinances, airport regulations and other legal documentation.
- Responsible for administration of all aspects of State and Federal grant programs.
- Responsible for Disadvantaged BusinessEnterpriseProgram.
- Determines effects of airfield hazards and takes action to eliminate hazards; directs emergency response during aircraft incidents or accidents.
- Coordinates construction activities from developing proposals through overseeing construction.
- Contacts vendors to obtain products and prices on equipment and facility repair.
- Reviews and provides comments on land use and zoning proposals for properties in the vicinity of the airport.
- Supervises major equipment repair, maintenance and operation, including but not limited to snow plow, grader, loader, mower, and airfield lighting equipment.
- Develops long range plans for the airport such as Airport Master Plan, Emergency Response Plan, Snow Removal Plan and Airport Security Plan.
- Manages Airport as enterprise fund; and, develops and manages operating budget.
- Conducts Airport Noise Abatement Program.
- Required to attend City Council meetings and other evening meetings.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in airport management, business management, public administration or related field; five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in primary commercial airport management, with at least two (2) of those years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Accredited Airport Executive (AAE) certification is desired. Must become an AAAE Certified Member within six (6) months of hire.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and obtain a City ofSanta Fe Driving Permitwithin three (3) months of hire.
- Licensed pilot preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of airport construction and maintenance procedures sufficient to coordinate any contractors or other City employees; accounting sufficient to prepare annual airport budget; grammar and spelling sufficient to prepare grant requests; supervisory techniques; FAA Rules and Regulations pertaining to airport construction, safety, fire and rescue, land use, airport security, airport design criteria and air traffic control; negotiation of lease agreements with airlines, rental car companies and other aviation oriented businesses; public affairs concerning aviation issues affecting the community; travel demand forecasting; contracts and grant administration; and, two-way radio, personal computer, and other standard office equipment.
Skill in leadership and management, including human resources management; developing and communicating business recommendations; effective communication both orally and in writing; developing and maintaining effective business relationships; operate a motor vehicle safely; and, use a personal computer, Microsoft software and e-mail.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and over two-way radio; supervise airport maintenance personnel; coordinate projects involving personnel, contractors, airport tenants and the public; see the need and take swift action on areas requiring improvement or repair; research and report on estimated project costs and expenditures; coordinate functions to achieve time-sensitive deadlines; maintain effective working relationships with airport tenants, contractors, the FAA, State agencies, the general public, and numerous other entities; and, promote the potential of the airport to prospective tenants and other interested parties.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Work is performed both in an office setting and in the field, sometimes in inclement weather. Requires close exposure to VDT’s,CRT’s and UV rays. Potential for exposure to loud noises exists. Good hearing and visual acuity required. May be required to work evenings and weekends.
The City ofSanta Feis an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the American's with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
TO APPLY: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the city application form. Submit City of Santa Fe Application by one of the following methods: Fill out application at Human Resources Department, City Hall, 200 Lincoln Avenue, Santa Fe, NM; mail application to P.O. Box 909, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-0909; or fax application to (505) 955-6810. Applications may be downloaded from our website: www.santafenm.gov; or apply online at www.santafenm.gov. Applications become public record upon receipt and may be made available for public inspection upon request.
When required of the position, attach a copy of certification(s) or license(s). Copies of high school diploma/GED & college degree must be provided at time of interview. Pre-placement physical exams are required for some positions. Incomplete applications may delay or exclude consideration of your application.