29830 Beck Road
Wixom, MI 48393-2824
NLB water jetting systems for runway marking removal and rubber removal work faster and more thoroughly than abrasive methods, without pavement damage or environmental concerns. They help control the build-up of rubber and other residues that reduce airplane traction (keeping runway friction values within the accepted range) and remove old runway markings at the same time.
A water jet leader for over 40 years, NLB was the first company to apply the power of UHP water jetting to runway cleaning and maintenance. NLB's patented rotating water jet technology maximizes the power of ultra-high pressure (UHP) water - up to 40,000 psi, or 2,800 bar - and sets the standard for runway maintenance productivity.
Complete marking and rubber removal
NLB introduced the first fully-integrated, closed-loop system for highways and runways in 1995 and has been adding innovative features ever since. Water jetting has many advantages:
• completely removes markings, coatings, thermal epoxies, curing compound, and rubber build-up
• works quickly, minimizing runway downtime
• cleans deep into runway grooves
• leaves concrete and asphalt undamaged
• creates a stronger bond for restriping
• eliminates dust and debris with optional vacuum recovery
• saves labor, since fewer operators are needed
• uses NO abrasive media or chemicals
Powerful rotating water jets
NLB can custom-engineer complete systems to meet customer requirements. The automated STARJETTM performs marking, rubber and line removal as it drives along the runway. It integrates all the UHP water jetting components (NLB rotating nozzle assembly, ULTRA-CLEAN 40® pump unit, water tank) on a heavy-duty truck. The water jet nozzles are mounted to a robotic arm on the front, using UHP water fed from the pump unit. The driver hydraulically raises and lowers the nozzle assembly and positions it where he needs it. A vacuum system recovers the water and debris.
Advanced features and options:
• Vacuum recovery
• Highest production rates in the industry
• Articulated robotic arm with proportional controls
• Semi-automated controls for skip line removal
• In-cab video with 3 cameras (2 front, 1 rear)
• Dedicated horsepower for each component to increase productivity
Smaller systems available
The StarJet SRV-1 is a more compact system with more maneuverability. NLB also offers the STRIPEJET™ for short-line jobs like aprons, gate areas and even parking decks. A semi-automated VORTEX™ is available for smaller marking removal jobs that cannot justify complete systems but are too big for manual water jetting.
NLB is the only company that designs and builds its own UHP pumps and supporting equipment. NLB has more applications experience, more in-house engineering and more manufacturing capacity than anyone in the industry. Please contact us for further details and application advice.