I was looking back on some old issues of Ground Support Worldwide formally GSE Today. I love looking back on old issues to see how things were in the industry and where we are now.
Obviously the first thing that hits me is the design and color; we have come a long way since 1993. I love to look at all the ads and still be able to recognize almost all of the manufacturers and distributors. After all of these years in our niche little market, companies have persevered and have found new ways to do business in the aviation industry.
The way we do business has definitely changed. Here are some launches of technology that have changed the way we do business, and, no, I am not trying to date anyone:
- The World Wide Web was born in 1993.
- The Nokia Communication was the first mobile phone to enable wireless email and internet connection, it was released in 1996.
- Google was invented in 1998.
- Facebook launched in 2004.
- The iPad was released in 2010 changing the way everyone does business today.
I look forward to seeing what the future holds and how we will continue to evolve and change how we do business. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks for reading Missy