The 2012 Cygnus Aviation Expo and the Spring Training Week hosted by the National Air Transportation Association is set for March 5-9 in Las Vegas. This year’s event offers an expanded agenda for fixed base operators, ground service companies, and other tenant operations.
In addition the Expo, scheduled for March 7-9 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, has teamed up with SAE International to co-host SAE’s first-ever Aerospace and Defense Ground Support Equipment Conference in concert with the Expo, which brings together exhibitors and attendees from the ground support, maintenance, and aviation services communities.
NATA’s Spring Training Week for tenant and fixed base operations is bringing back its popular FBO Finance Fundamentals in-depth seminar, featuring long-time FBO veterans Phil Botana and Mark Chambers.
The SAE initiative is headed up by Technical Program Chair John Goglia, a former member of the National Transportation Safety Board. An emphasis of the conference will be bringing standardization to the ground support sector. At the same time, it will cover topics from deicing technologies to fueling systems to airport operations. Goglia will be the featured speaker at a special Expo session, “Ask the Investigator”.
Featured sessions include ...
• LEVERAGING PART 16 VIOLATIONS. Session will explore one of the most useful tools at the hands of the tenant that is at odds with the airport landlord -- the Part 16 Complaint, or the threat of a Part 16 Complaint.
• LEASES: The Foundation of the Business vs. the Interests of the Airport. One of the hottest topics among FBOs/tenants and airports -- how leasing affects the business and the airport -- will be covered.
• MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA: New ways to reach (and service) the customer. Brad McAllister, Technical Editor of airport business magazine, leads an interactive panel to explore how FBOs and other tenant organizations interact with their customers, along with a look at what’s working in the marketplace for others.
• FBO/MRO ROUNDTABLE: Challenges Facing Multi-Faceted Service Businesses. Reps from FBOs and Maintenance/Repair/Overhaul organizations team up with Aircraft Maintenance Technology magazine editor Ronald Donner to discuss the challenges, lessons learned, and best practices when managing these diverse companies.
• FULL-DAY, PRE-SHOW MANAGEMENT DAY: Management Training for Supervisors Promoted from the Line. Special pre-trade show session offers management training for technical and operations personnel considering or promoted to supervisory positions within their organizations. Training professionals from ServiceElements, a Phoenix-based management consulting , and Charles Chandler, an AMT field editor and American Airlines are featured.
• 2-DAY FBO FINANCE FUNDAMENTALS SEMINAR (March 6-7). Long-time FBO leaders Phil Botana, president of the Tampa International Jet Center, and Mark Chambers, Managing Partner for Aviation Resource Group International, offer in-depth analysis and training for understanding the financial metrics of the FBO business.
• NATA Line Service Supervisor Training Seminar (March 5-6)
• NATA Safety 1st Trainer Seminar (March 7)
• Environmental Compliance Seminar (March 8)
For more details visit www.CygnusAviationExpo.com and www.Nata.aero.
NATA's "Educational Week" to coincide with Aviation Industry Expo.
The 2012 NATA Spring Training Week at the Cygnus Aviation Expo in Las Vegas started strong on March 5 with increased attendance
National Air Transportation Association's (NATA) FBO Success Seminar series heads to Las Vegas, Nevada, on March 11 and 12 as part of the association's Spring Training Week.