• Promotional materials: Bombardier took out a full page ad in Aviation International News (AIN) and sent out 3,000 direct mail pieces; all included the Jet Center's logo. The Jet Center placed some of its own ads in both AIN and Pro Pilot magazines, and, starting in November, the FBO gave out promotional pieces to customers. Miami Executive sent direct mail pieces to NBAA members and sponsored the official host committee for the Super Bowl. Banyan sent out 7,000 direct mailers and faxed pieces en masse to customers. National Jets advised customers of its party when they called or stopped in.
• Temporary help/staffing: The Jet Center secured extra temporary employees from the county; they were already badged and licensed to drive on the ramp. Miami Executive called in former employees and had a helicopter mechanic on hand. Other FBOs put all employees to work or on call for the weekend.
• Extra fuel trucks: The Jet Center and Banyan both have their own fuel farms and had enough trucks to handle the extra fuel sales. Miami Executive and National Jets received fuel truck assistance from their suppliers.
• Hotels, rental cars: At Banyan, package deals for hotels and rental cars were set up for those with reservations to avoid delays. Enterprise installed a temporary office at Miami Executive, and limousines and ground transportation were prepared in advance. Bombar-dier blocked off rooms at hotels for staff ahead of time and staked out two conference rooms at the Jet Center: one for a press conference on the Saturday before the game, one as an office for organizers.
• Contests, giveaways: Panama hats and bags plus a Ski-Doo jet ski, produced by Bombardier, were given away at the Bombardier/Jet Center party. Banyan ran a contest for Avtrip points. Multi Service provided footballs to 12 FBOs for giveaways and had sales reps on hand at the Jet Center and Miami Executive. At the latter, pilots were presented with freshly squeezed orange juice. Several companies sponsored holes on a putting green where customers took a shot to win Greg Norman golf shirts, hats with the FBO and Super Bowl logos, and footballs.
• Discounts: Both Miami Executive and Miami Aviation Corporation at Opa Locka offered a 25-cent discount on jet fuel that the airport authority, Dade County, advertised. Banyan offered special jet fuel prices of $1.59 or $1.25 plus the game score total.
While most held parties in lobbies, Banyan and the Jet Center used hangars. The Jet Center rigged its hangar with extra electrical power for the projection television set and other TVs.
Bombardier Aerospace offers 24/7 technical support for operators of Bombardier Learjet, Challenger, and Global aircraft. For Learjet technical support: (316) 946-6100 or email@example.com...
In his new role, John is responsible for the leadership, organization and management of Banyan’s customer support and line service teams.
Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport location voted #3 U.S. FBO, #1 Southeast U.S. FBO and #2 Star FBO in the FltPlan.com 2011 Pilots’ Choice Survey.