And the winner is ... Jim Houck , System-wide Manager, GSE, Continental Airlines, whose accomplishments as a 41-year airline veteran include:
- Testing and development of low emission GSE utilizing electric
- Fast Charging System (FAS) at Continental Airlines' Houston hub
- Development and implementation of a Fleet Management Computer Program to track work orders and preventative maintenance
- Implementing a strategy for GSE technicians to achieve a -2 percent annual goal for GSE "out of service"
- Initiation of a cost savings program to reduce GSE expenses 25 percent
- Selection of ergonomically friendly ground support equipment
- Recipient of the 2003 "Innovator of the Year" award by Material Handling Management Magazine
HOUSTON, Nov. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) today announced it has been named HP Supplier of the Year for its role in bringing exceptional new value to HP through...